• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Music files now make glitchy pop noises

T

TheBaconMan

This happens mostly on one file, game menu music that repeats. But I now hear it occasionally in the game music.

I'm currently using WAVs for music - compressed, not streamed (not the uncompress method).

I can't use streamed, because I need to keep the audio files hidden in the compile.

And lastly, I have my music sound turned down to .5. No pitch change like the other guy with a problem.

Gamemaker 1.4.

Mick

You are probably using a version newer than 1.4.1772? The audio engine was replaced and was never fully fixed it seems.

T

TheBaconMan

1.4.999999. So you're saying it might have been left with issues when they moved to 2?

Mick

I'm not sure, but I have seen several people talking about stuttering etc. on versions beyond 1.4.1772.

T

TheBaconMan

Good to know. I'll just make the worst offender uncompressed and live with the rest. Thanks!

T

TheBaconMan

It seems like using WAVs with the "uncompress on load" method does not cause any pops. Good deal.