• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android "App does not have the required permissions to get location." debug error

• Thread starter Sorry_For_Dumb_Questions
  • Start date
S

Sorry_For_Dumb_Questions

I was trying to ADMOB adds but this debug message appeared.

Adds are showing (edit: not showing anymore) but im wondering, should i try to have location permissions or it's okay?

And if i need add get location permission, how can i add?

Couldn't find it in the list:

screenshot: https://prnt.sc/nhum8n

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you guys published the app in google play store, I usually face this type of errors when working with AdMob When I don't have any published apk on the store!
Or sometimes if you test the ads and clicks (many time) without enabling the test Ads features i.e using actual ads to check the game is working or not! Than google stops sending the ads to the device! Better use TestAds feature, also I have found that you can show test ads without even setting the ads IDs or Ad Account, they have provided some test Ads Ids to test with, Try putting them and test the app if they shows that means the ads are set correctly and working fine in your game, the problem is what i mention anyone of that!
just put these no need to set anything else! Let me know if they appears or not!
Ad format Sample ad unit ID
Banner ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/6300978111
Interstitial ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/1033173712
Interstitial Video ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/8691691433
Rewarded Video ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/5224354917
Native Advanced ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/2247696110
Native Advanced Video ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/1044960115

Here are the link for topic!
https://developers.google.com/admob/android/test-ads

TO ADD LOCATION PERMISSION
To add them, Open the extension and Click on Android (Bottom Right) and Than on + button right to "Android Permission:"
Add the following Without " ":

"android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"
and
"android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION"

It'll work! You can add anyone depending on the requirement of your ad provider!

S

Sorry_For_Dumb_Questions

Have you guys published the app in google play store, I usually face this type of errors when working with AdMob When I don't have any published apk on the store!
Or sometimes if you test the ads and clicks (many time) without enabling the test Ads features i.e using actual ads to check the game is working or not! Than google stops sending the ads to the device! Better use TestAds feature, also I have found that you can show test ads without even setting the ads IDs or Ad Account, they have provided some test Ads Ids to test with, Try putting them and test the app if they shows that means the ads are set correctly and working fine in your game, the problem is what i mention anyone of that!
just put these no need to set anything else! Let me know if they appears or not!

To add them, Open the extension and Click on Android (Bottom Right) and Than on + button right to "Android Permission:"

and

It'll work! You can add anyone depending on the requirement of your ad provider!

First i tried the permissions, and worked! No more "location permissions" debug message. Thank you sir!

Now i tried test ads, and working perfect. So its normal right? I tested my ads 60-70 times in 2 days. So admob blocking me?

So what to do? After publish the game, edit admob id and update on play store?

Or just publish, when publish admob will allow to send ads?

First i tried the permissions, and worked! No more "location permissions" debug message. Thank you sir!

Now i tried test ads, and working perfect. So its normal right? I tested my ads 60-70 times in 2 days. So admob blocking me?

So what to do? After publish the game, edit admob id and update on play store?

Or just publish, when publish admob will allow to send ads?
Test Ads are working means Ads are working properly!
If your game is under development you can use TEST ads as, Google ads will not appear both test and normal (For now), what I'll suggest is use test ads and when publishing use the admob ads! Before Circulating the link, give it to 5-10 people (close friends etc) for playing, testing etc and see if they are getting ads (they will)! For my last game, it started to come again when I published the app!

Or

You can try to create new ad Ids and delete the old ones! But I'm not sure if they will work or not!
BUT
The first method is better 'cuz with that you'll get the initial game review, some problems, device compatibility etc

S

Sorry_For_Dumb_Questions

Test Ads are working means Ads are working properly!
If your game is under development you can use TEST ads as, Google ads will not appear both test and normal (For now), what I'll suggest is use test ads and when publishing use the admob ads! Before Circulating the link, give it to 5-10 people (close friends etc) for playing, testing etc and see if they are getting ads (they will)! For my last game, it started to come again when I published the app!

Or

You can try to create new ad Ids and delete the old ones! But I'm not sure if they will work or not!
BUT
The first method is better 'cuz with that you'll get the initial game review, some problems, device compatibility etc
I will do the first one, thank you for the help sir ^^

Mert

and

I strongly advise you not to publish your app under two permissions. You only need to use one of them.

Coarse Location returns the network provider's location data.
Fine location returns both GPS data and network provider's location data.

If you do need an app like Google Maps or Tinder which requires precise location of the user, you must only use ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION as it'll return both coarse and fine location.

JnrBrain

and

I didnt understand very well :( Is here?

Attachments

JnrBrain

Yes, you can add required permissions there.

However, as people are more and more aware of privacy concerns, you will need to
(1) have a good reason to include the location permission (e.g. you're building a map-related app/game), and
(2) show consent form to comply to AdMob policy.

Reference:
https://developers.google.com/admob/android/precise-location
Also i tried to change android perissions from settings but there are problem. What should i write?
I wrote:
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION"
android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK"

Attachments

chirpy

"Inject to Android Application Tag" adds attributes to your AndroidManifest.xml's <application> tag=element. You can find valid attributes here. [*1]
It's not the right place to add permissions.

To add permissions, you need to instead add <uses-permission> element which are children to the <manifest> element, not attributes of the <application>.
You'll need to add them in your extension's "Inject to AndroidManifest xml Manifest" field, or simply add the permission string as did in your Screenshot_1.png. [*2]

[*1] If I understood correctly, it'll going to replace android runtime templates' ${YYAndroidInjectToApplicationTag} string.
[*2] This is replacing ${YYAndroidManifestManifestInject} .