Introduce Yourself

Hi everybody! Was so busy with looking at the forum and trying GMS2 that I forgot to introduce myself.

Username: The Boy In The Attic

Name: Michael
From The Netherlands, Utrecht (Born & Raised)

Started using GameMaker Studio 2 last week, bought the Developer version and like it a lot!
Never used GameMaker before, but like its real cool way of first trying the DnD and sneakpeak the code.
Will try the basics with DnD for now and look at the code, but soon will dive in GML, as it seems to be
a nice way to dive deeper in the engine. Also want to learn more of Esoterics Software Spine and use
it in GMS2, bought the professional license today.

My personal journey brought me to be an artist, digital and old-fashioned analog in airbrush and painting.
Am great fan of playing games, producing music, music listening itself (Pink Floyd, Jean-Michel Jarre
and many more) and playing guitar. Behind all that, I'm just a humble person that likes to be creative.

Thanks for reading,

Cheers,

Michael

K

Kasra

Hi there, iam Kasra, 20 Years old, And Computer science student, iam intrested to use the science to make games for people, hope to have a good time with friends here, i like talking, co-work and cool things like that.
it is first time sign in yoyoforum and first time install game maker stuio for (Android Dev)
wish long days for you all

pixeltroid

Hi there, iam Kasra, 20 Years old, And Computer science student, iam intrested to use the science to make games for people, hope to have a good time with friends here, i like talking, co-work and cool things like that.
it is first time sign in yoyoforum and first time install game maker stuio for (Android Dev)
wish long days for you all
Hello! welcome to the gamemaker forum!

pixeltroid

Hi everybody! Was so busy with looking at the forum and trying GMS2 that I forgot to introduce myself.

Username: The Boy In The Attic

Name: Michael
From The Netherlands, Utrecht (Born & Raised)

Started using GameMaker Studio 2 last week, bought the Developer version and like it a lot!
Never used GameMaker before, but like its real cool way of first trying the DnD and sneakpeak the code.
Will try the basics with DnD for now and look at the code, but soon will dive in GML, as it seems to be
a nice way to dive deeper in the engine. Also want to learn more of Esoterics Software Spine and use
it in GMS2, bought the professional license today.

My personal journey brought me to be an artist, digital and old-fashioned analog in airbrush and painting.
Am great fan of playing games, producing music, music listening itself (Pink Floyd, Jean-Michel Jarre
and many more) and playing guitar. Behind all that, I'm just a humble person that likes to be creative.

Thanks for reading,

Cheers,

Michael
welcome to the forum! I'm a pink floyd fan too!

C

Crepe

Username: Crepe
Where you're from:
USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: Game Maker 6.1
Any cool games you've made: Nothing complete. Used to upload RPG battle systems on the sandbox

Other things about yourself:

Commercial artist

R

Robo4900

Hi.

I'm known as Robo4900 pretty much everywhere, though I never had an account on the OG GMC, so... Unless you hung around on the Yoyogames sandbox and played any of my one or two really damn terrible games I posted there, you probably won't recognise me.
In any case, I first used Game Maker back in like the GM6 days, though I think I once found a copy of GM4 or 5 my brother had on an old PC somewhere, back before I got my own license.
I seriously got into it around GM7, when I got my own license for it, and toyed around with it constantly for years. I was grandfathered in through to... Uhh... GM10, I think?... But I kind of fell out of it after that, and now I don't even know where I could in theory get an install of any of the GameMakers I have a license for... Still, these days, I'm more of a Unity guy anyway. :oops:
I never released anything notable made in GameMaker; I tended to just not finish anything in GM. Well, except for a couple of crappy things I made when I was like 7, called Mr. Ice or something. I had a long-running platformer project for a time, but I eventually decided the idea wasn't fun enough to bring past prototyping and design, and Mark Of The Ninja kind of did everything I was hoping to do with it that was worth hanging onto, anyway, so I moved on.

To be completely honest, main reason I registered here is I'm trying to dig up a copy of an old Game Maker game from the OG GMC days called Randomness, which I remember being a super-fun puzzle platformer, but I haven't played it in like 12 years (I think it's the one made by GizmoKidNeo); download was taken down not all that long after its initial release like 15 years ago, and I've never managed to find anyone who still has it, or even who remembers it. :(
Last time I saw it was on a laptop that died years ago. I recall backing it up -- among other things -- to a disc, but I lost the disc, and I think it was mistakenly thrown out well over a decade ago.

T

Thatonegamedeveloper

Username: Thatonegamedeveloper
Old GMC Username: I don't think I had an old account
Other usernames from past and present: Again I not to sure but I don't think I made an account.

Name: I prefer to be called Ash
Where you're from: UK
How long you've been using Game Maker: I been on and off. I only learned on the old version of the game maker in 2015 through college. I mainly just use the drop and drag method because that what my college taught me.
Any cool games you've made: I made a few games that are not finished. The first one is Aeon which I made in game maker studio, then a game called The Whip in unreal engine 4. Then I make a game called They Follow Us in game maker studio 2.
Personality Type: INFP

- I'm a fda game design student but I want to start a game development course instead
-I know a bit about css (I use to play around with css when I was about 13)
- I'm an artist

Hello I’m new to GMS2
I’ve played around with a few engines but I’m mostly coming from construct 2/3

I was kind of code averse for a while until I realized gml is quite simple compared to other programming languages and that it can be mixed with dnd which is cool.

I’m mostly interested in messing around with creating platformer games.

Z

Zoey Riley

Hi I'm Zoey Riley
I'm 29 year of age and single.
I'm from Canada.
This is my first time using this.
Never ever made any games yet.
This is for my personal use only.

R

realCGG

Username: realCGG
Name: Logan
State: Maine
Games Made: Consternation, Consternation II, Carrier Trail

F

FB-Productions

Username: FB-Productions
Old GMC Username: FB-Productions

Where you're from: Croatia
How long you've been using Game Maker: 10+ years
Any cool games you've made: http://www.fb-productions-html5.com/2012/

Making a new game and desperately waiting to get a solution to my question/topic in the Programming subforum :D

G

Gandija

Hello makers, I'm an old guy from spain who's been messing with maker for about 10 years and never paid for it. :p
My interests deal with 3d and 2.5 action rpg games.
I hope i will amaze the comunnity maybe this summer.
I would love to read any issue about my english which i never use in daily life.
See ya. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JON213

Hello! This is my first post. I will be looking forward to use Gamemaker.

R

rosalierebenito

HELLO GUYS!!

Name: ROSALIE REBENITO
Where you're from: PHILIPPINES, MANILA
How long you've been using Game Maker: IM A NEWBIEE

Other things about yourself: I REALLY CREATED THIS ACCOUNT BECAUSE I NEED YOUR HELP ON CREATING MY VERY FIRST GAME.

C

Claire Djn

Hi ! My name is Claire (27 yo), I'm from France and I'm new here !
I'm an illustrator & I'm working on my first video game.
Here is a preview of my work :

Mat Viking nobanderole.jpg Jefe2mini.jpg vickimini.jpg

N

nembaga

Username: nembaga
Old GMC Username: n/a
Other usernames from past and present: n/a

Name: Noah
Where you're from: San Diego
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1 Month
Any cool games you've made: None yet
Personality Type: A die hard gamer

Username: Hobby Haus
Name:
William Garrison
Where you're from: America -- TN
How long you've been using Game Maker: < 1yr
Any cool games you've made: I am currently working on my first game. Very excited about it!

L

LiamCollie

Username: LiamCollie

Name: Liam
Where you're from: Ohio USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: About 2 weeks?
Any cool games you've made: I made a few in RPG Maker but never fully released.
Personality Type: Kind, Optomistic, friendly

Other things about yourself: I'm a DJ, Musician, Gamer and inspiring game dev

J

jobel

Username: jobel
Name:
jb
Where you're from:
Greater Boston area, USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1 day
How long you've been making games:
since 2007
Any cool games you've made: A mobile game called Splotch and Game jam games that I've made with Construct and UE4

teacher, musician, programmer

H

Half-Pie

Username: Half-Pie
Old GMC Username: Half-Pie

Where you're from: Finland
How long you've been using Game Maker: 10+ years
Any cool games you've made: A handful of "games" released back in 2008-2011, currently working on a big project

Other things about yourself: Chemical Engineering Student

J

Jackson LeTourneau

Heya,

my name is Jackson LeTourneau,
I also go by "///" and "whythecussnot" over social media.

I'm 22 y/o.
I'm from CA, but I've traveled around a bit.
I haven't worked in Game Maker, but I have experience creating assets, concept art, and designing for games.
I'm currently contributing to several titles which will be released retail, but have only completed game jam projects thus far.

Personality Type: Mediator

My favorite movie is "The Emperor's New Groove."
I like listening to stuff by "Bo En."
I enjoy window-shopping.

D

Dan_Bardan

My name is Daniel.
I'm from Brasil - AM.
I bought the Game Maker Sutdio some time ago (5 years) but only a few months That I decided to focus on development.
I am not an expert in programming, but I have some projects in progress.
None of my games are finished
Well, im studing ToqueEngine and Cryengine too.

I have GMS 2 too but only GMS 1.4 have the mobile phones extensions, so my development targets is 1.4

Right now I'm stuck in this Android Studio compile error. Thats why I'm here for help.

Sigh.

M

MachineElf

Username: MachineElf

Name: Luke
Where you're from: Australia
How long you've been using Game Maker: One hour :)
Any cool games you've made: Yet to come!
Personality Type: INTJ

Other things about yourself: Work in sales, married to an awesome woman, love to travel, read and play music. Lifelong gamer, want to start making them as a creative outlet that brings together art, music and storytelling. Love getting to know cool and interesting people!

I

IliveOnMentos

Username: IliveOnMentos
Old GMC Username: ???
Other usernames from past and present: ??????

Name: steve
Where you're from: australia
How long you've been using Game Maker: since '18
Any cool games you've made: hehe, no.
Personality Type: cool funny laid back

Other things about yourself: i like playuing memes on the piano and i have horribel speling

A

Adam Mansour

Hey guys,

I'm Adam and Im 24 years old.
Currently I'm studying philosophy and sociology at the Goethe-University in Frankfurt, Germany.
I bought GM 1.4 back then but never used it.. it was a permament license and since this license doesnt cover gm2
I have to stick with the trial version for now. Which is a shame because that feels like I threw my money away.

Anyways, now Im super motivated to learn GM2 and build my very first game!
This means I will probably need alot of help and need to research alot. Which is why I joined this forum.

Cheers!

L

Lautaro de Vega

Name: Lautaro de Vega.
Where you're from: Mendoza, Argentina.
How long you've been using Game Maker: I have no idea because I have come and gone many times.
Any cool games you've made: Not yet.

I'm studying music in the university of my region.

G

Gabriel Perez

Username: Gabriel Perez

Name: Gabriel Perez
Where you're from: Boston
How long you've been using Game Maker: A week ago.
Any cool games you've made: None
Personality Type: Determined, willed, workaholic individual.

Other things about yourself: I am an artist, a construction worker, and lucky to have a beautiful wife who shares a lot of the same things. We both love playing videogames so we have decided to start making games of our own. Especially, RPG's. We are determined to develop video games in the hopes of one day to make a living from it.

C

commaway

Username: commaway

Name: JH
Where you're from: South Korea
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since 2015
Any cool games you've made: Blackhole hazard
Personality Type: ESFJ-t

Other things about yourself: I enjoy game dev.

J

James Chance

Username/Name: See user name....
Where you're from: East Midlands, UK
How long you've been using Game Maker: Just started
Any cool games you've made: None as yet but give it time..
Personality Type: Logician INTP-T

Other things about yourself: Bassist and tabletop gamer in my spare time

L

LeonD

Name: LeonD
Where you're from: California
How long you've been using Game Maker: 3 years

Other things about yourself: I drive big trucks.

P

Para

Name: Para
Where you're from: Nevada
How long you've been using Game Maker: I started like... two days prior to posting this ahaha
Personality Type: INFP-T

Other things about yourself: My new year's resolution for 2019 was to make a game demo/proof of concept by the end of the year. Video games in general mean a lot to me (playing them got me through a lot of dark times) and I just want to make stuff that people can enjoy. :)

Duduan

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community! If you're not sure what to say, here's a guide (use as much of it as you choose)

Username: Duduan
Old GMC Username: -
Other usernames from past and present: -

Name: Dudu
Where you're from: Indonesia
How long you've been using Game Maker: 6 months
Any cool games you've made: -
Personality Type: Complicated

Other things about yourself: Secret Admiral

Old thread: http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=566197

EDIT: Just noticed the typo ("where's you're from"). I'm keeping it :)
EDIT2: Nevermind. It's really starting to bug me

S

Snowy Fox

Greetings all! I'm Snowy. I'm mostly here as a content creator (audio, specifically), and am yet to give GameMaker a try, but I intend to when I have some time spare. In the meantime, I'm pretty much just here to have a sniff around the community, and to offer my services as a noisy-person-for-hire.

Name
Snowy Fox

Game Maker experience
Soon...?

Games made
Lots of unfinished, unreleased RPG Maker projects, but one complete music pack demo game!

Personality type
Advocate

Other
Besides being a part-time game designer and most-of-the-time composer, I'm also an avid roleplayer, and I organise monthly furmeets.

S

sofaspartan

Username: sofaspartan

I used to create games with game maker before yoyogames big switch to the new branding and website. I don't do a whole lot of that anymore, but I am dabbling in the game maker platform again. Also in my spare time, I create techno and chiptunes using Beatwave and FamiTracker. I used to write songs with the intention of using them in videogames, but they are sort of just sitting in cyberspace now. Hit me up if you are into electronic music or chiptunes!

G

German

Hello, my name is Germán and I'm not from Germany. I'm a 40 years old software development and always wondered about game making, this year I've resolved to start making games and my journey took me here, to gamemaker studio 2 and this community. So, to cut it short, I just wanted to present myself and get to know you people the GMCommunity, cheers and pleased to meet you.

PS: Here's a gif of the game I'm currently working on, not sure where's it going to go from here, just trying to find out what I can do in gm and figuring out stuff, how to translate an idea into some gameplay...

Attachments

rIKmAN

Welcome to the GMC!

Looks like you've made a good start with your learning with your first game, it reminds me of Minit from the art style.
Good luck and have fun making games with GMS2!

Joe Ellis

Yeah! You've made a good start, I guess you're pretty experienced in other things so learning gml won't be too hard, and it's great the way it's built all for making games

HayManMarc

Welcome to here! Don't be afraid to ask questions in the Programming forum. That's what we're all here for (mostly). Hope you enjoy GameMaker. You can make anything 2D with it.

T

Tasso

name: tasso
problem: I am looking for a code that can replace a lerp code, does anyone know one?

I'm getting a message saying "You need 5 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam." As such, I guess I need to spam everyone 5 times before I can post links :p

Name:
Paul Kankiewicz
Where you're from: I live in Washington, but I'm originally from Arizona
How long you've been using Game Maker: I first used it about 10 years ago, but I haven't been using it constantly that whole time or anything
Any cool games you've made:
  • Using GameMaker, Open Ocean (Available now on itch.io, and on Steam June 11th, 2019): https://allyproductions.itch.io/open-ocean
  • Not using GameMaker, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Middle-Earth: Shadow of War. I've also worked on about a half dozen games as a QA tester before that.
Personality Type: Other than being an introvert, I have no idea :)

I like drumming, making and playing games, and watching movies and shows with my friends. I used to enjoy indoor rock climbing, but my wrists are getting old :p

B

bunny

Hi everyone, I'm bunny or Alyssa I guess. I don't really have any experience in gamedev or programming, anything technical other than building my own computer honestly. I'm here because I've always loved video games, always loved the idea of making games and have always been plagued with idea after idea. There's been one specifically that won't stop nagging me and I guess I've finally given in and hope to make it a reality, eventually. GMS seemed to be really beginner friendly but also quite capable so I chose to start here.

I guess it helps that some of my more enjoyed games of the past few years (Undertale, HLM, Nuclear Throne) were made in GMS.

K

Kirbyrocket

Username: Kirbyrocket
Old GMC Username: N/A
Other usernames from past and present: Sparky (2010), Sparki (2011), Kirbyrocket (2012-Present)

Name: Sydney Henry
Where you're from: Florida, USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: N/A (I don't own it yet :))
Any cool games you've made: None yet, but a couple are planned
Personality Type: Compassionate, empathetic, and open-minded

Other things about yourself: I specialize in sound design, video editing, and minor pixel art!

E

Eriksaw

Username: Eriksaw
Old GMC Username: N/A
Other usernames from past and present: N/A
Name: Peggy Norman
Where you're from: Atlanta, USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: N/A
Any cool games you've made: Not yet, one is being developed now
Personality Type: Open minded
Other things about yourself: I like editing videos, slaying tennis