Issue Compiling Android App

I

Ike

So I've been trying to export my application as an apk for android and I keep getting an error that keeps it from finishing. This is the full error:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c "subst T: "Z:/Capstone P_27267416_A55BFE30\Android\default" && T: && cd "ikechioji.com.IkeOji\u0009Games.Crash\u0009and\u0009Run" && "X:/Android\runner\gradle\gradlew" build assembleRelease -x lint "
Starting a Gradle Daemon (subsequent builds will be faster)

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Unable to start the daemon process.
This problem might be caused by incorrect configuration of the daemon.
For example, an unrecognized jvm option is used.
Please refer to the user guide chapter on the daemon at https://docs.gradle.org/3.1/userguide/gradle_daemon.html
Please read the following process output to find out more:
-----------------------
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 1572864KB object heap

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)

I've looked for a solution to this issue everywhere and I haven't been able to find a fix that works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ike

Okay well I can't make it less than one; it won't let me. And changing it back to 2 or even up to 3 gives me similar errors:

Could not reserve enough space for 2621440KB object heap

Could not reserve enough space for 3670016KB object heap

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Did you install the 64-bit version of the JDK, and is there enough free RAM on your system to start with?

I

Ike

I actually had the 86-bit version! I just switched it out with the 64 bit version and got this error:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Settings file 'O:\settings.gradle' line: 1

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating settings ''.
> java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect