Portfolio - Programming [Programmer] [Pixel Artist] [3D Voxel Artist] for Hire! $8 an hour

J

Jordan

Hello,

My name is Jordan King, I am a solo developer looking to take on a freelance job or two. I have many years of experience and 4 games under my belt and am used to doing both coding and art as I create all aspects of my own game.

My rates are affordable starting out at $8 an hour.

Below are some links to my work as well as my full range of skills I can bring to your project. If you are interested please message me here or my email: [email protected]. I thank you for your time!

SKILLS
Develops in GameMaker Studio 1.4, 2 & Unity
Extensive 2D GML programming
Pixel art sprites
Pixel art animation
Voxel 3D graphics
Experience in Photoshop, Maya3D, and various asset creation software
Ran a successful kickstarter (for a comic book)
Experienced and published script writer

ART STYLES
Classic 8bit Pixel Art/Animation
Modern pixel art/animation
Interface Design
3D Voxel Art/Animation
3D Low Poly Art/Animation

CODING SKILLS
2D player mechanics
Complex enemy state machines/AI
Cutscenes
GUI implementation

GAME DESIGN
Degree in Game Development
Complex/Professional GDD Creation
Previous game design experience (check my itch.io link)

COMPLETED GAMES PORTFOLIO (these are free so you can download and see my work in action if you want!):
https://leggomygiallo.itch.io/

VIDEO OF A GAME IN ACTION (if you don’t want to download anything):

REVIEW OF ONE OF MY MOST POPULAR GAMES:
http://popcornhorror.com/shotgun-2018/

MORE SCREENSHOTS 2D AND 3D:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CA8JoA4Q7EWN9VoT7zkuqInFXEoIn2oY

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

OverLogic

Ok i don't want to lie to you but someone has to tell you the truth if it's harsh or not, for a rev-share i believe new programmers or artists would go with you but no one would want to hire you for your art, i can see that you have good concepts behind all those and i really like the whole idea but you don't follow any pixelart rule and you also don't use a pelette.

About your game, i tried it and i got to say i got an error on the first minute of me playing i tried to open it open again and the same thing happened again, i suggest focusing on programming or the comic book that you successfully finished.

J

Jordan

Ok i don't want to lie to you but someone has to tell you the truth if it's harsh or not, for a rev-share i believe new programmers or artists would go with you but no one would want to hire you for your art, i can see that you have good concepts behind all those and i really like the whole idea but you don't follow any pixelart rule and you also don't use a pelette.

About your game, i tried it and i got to say i got an error on the first minute of me playing i tried to open it open again and the same thing happened again, i suggest focusing on programming or the comic book that you successfully finished.
Hello, thank you for your time and your comments. While I believe it would have been more professional to voice your concerns in a private message, as I do appreciate your concerns and also your compliments. But I do have a part time ongoing gig as a pixel artist, and I do actually use a color palette - the classic NES palette so some of the things you’ve said aren’t true. While I appreciate your time and realize my style isn’t for everyone - I have seen people are interested in my services, especially at my affordable rate. Again I thank you for your time and concern.

OverLogic

No worries, also there's nothing "professional" in preferring to use a private message rather than posting here, anyways man have a good day!

hughrock18

Would i be able to get a quote? Details are as follows:

Style: machines (mostly cannon-like weapons mixed with resource production units).

24 sprites 64x64 with a single "folding" animation for each (10-30 frames per animation depending on "folding" complexity).

Each sprite needs to begin as a cube that transforms or "unfolds" into each respective unit. All cubes are the exact same size and shape. Only differences should color and lines showing where the cube seperates to unfold.

Sprites are designed for tower defense game and are stationary as a result.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

J

Jordan

Would i be able to get a quote? Details are as follows:

Style: machines (mostly cannon-like weapons mixed with resource production units).

24 sprites 64x64 with a single "folding" animation for each (10-30 frames per animation depending on "folding" complexity).

Each sprite needs to begin as a cube that transforms or "unfolds" into each respective unit. All cubes are the exact same size and shape. Only differences should color and lines showing where the cube seperates to unfold.

Sprites are designed for tower defense game and are stationary as a result.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I just sent you a message with some details/estimates! Thanks for reaching out!