Demo Super Beersbee Demo

C

coryru

Super Beersbee! It’s inspired by snes sports games and is a comedy game. I would love to get some feedback and most importantly some positive encouragement it helps keep me motivated. The Demo is in the link below. IMPORTANT! Please keep in mind that this game is intended for a mature audience there is foul language, drinking and obscene gestures in the game.
Trailer:

Also the demo is 1v1 versus so you will need another player to enjoy the demo. It can be player with a single keyboard or 2 ps4 controllers.

https://gamejolt.com/games/superbeersbee/298872

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TinyGamesLab

Art style is great!
Too bad I'm away from my pc for the weekend (and tomorrow also).
Definately going to try it as soon as I'm home.

C

coryru

Thanks a lot! Just remember to grab a friend the current demo build is 1v1 versus only no AI yet. Single player content is coming just not ready yet. Also if you have access to ps4 controllers it feels better with controllers than a keyboard.

C

coryru

cast.png
Here's a look at the 8 playable characters. 4 more characters are unlockable plus you can create your own. Also shown is each character doing a single frame from the throw animation.

C

coryru

Why yes! Yes you can ride a Manatee in this game thanks for asking.

C

coryru

Looks neat so far, but what about some female player characters, too?

(and maybe a really smart dog, or a chimpanzee, or ???) :p
Since this idea for the game came about from a real Beersbee League among friends that I'm in I made the main 8 players based off those in the league. To counter act the lack of diversity in the cast we decided to add a custom character creator. So female characters will be playable through that option. As for the smart dog, chimpanzee idea. There are 4 hidden characters that will bring in the more fun silly ideas so look forward to those.

C

coryru

Just another more behind the scenes type screenshot. Here's a look at some of the dialog in the story mode. More regular screenshots to come later.IMG_20180806_204827.jpg

C

coryru

Catching the can mechanic. You have to press the action key when the heads up button turns yellow in order to successfully catch the can.

R

Rover

I like your art, did you draw it by yourself ? anw, the game looks exciting.

C

coryru

The art Is a combo of mine and the musicians; under my direction. We went for a brightly coloured super Nintendo vibe. I think it turned out great quite proud of it.

Yes the game is quite exciting especially when you get 4 players in the same room playing. It gets heated.

C

coryru

Booth went well! Was a strange and fun experience. Plus got great feedback. If you get a chance to show off your game at an event Do It!Resized_20190420_095621.jpg

C

coryru

We got to present our game at the Design and Game Showcase in Edmonton this weekend. Had our Trailer on the big screen dream came true.

Trailer added to first post.

C

coryru

Going through the design book. I think we got pretty close to original design for the UI
IMG_20190930_064403.jpg