• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Random bugs you've found in your games

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Hey! So I recently found out that I have two clips of bugs of my current game in development and I thought about sharing them in one of the official game thread, but then I thought... What if other people also have weird bugs in their games? And so I decided to make this thread about weird bugs in your games, bugs you've found or someone found that were in your game...

So here are two very interesting ones I found, I have'nt fixed either of them, but I'll try:

This guy up there just teabags like crazy (??)

I don't even know the reason this happens! What piece of code is failing!!? :mad:

M

Misu

So this thread is to randomly share crazy/bizarre bugs for the viewers entertainment instead of seeking remedy? I guess thats acceptable. Can I include every Assassin Creed 3 glitches in this thread too?

John Andrews

Living Enigma
So this thread is to randomly share crazy/bizarre bugs for the viewers entertainment instead of seeking remedy? I guess thats acceptable. Can I include every Assassin Creed 3 glitches in this thread too?
YES! Actually any bug would do, but the main thing is to show funny(?) bugs of your own games, if you have some kind of recording of it of course :p

11clock

There was a time when the YYC screwed up compiling and replaced most objects in the game with my boss spawner.

On a stream once I somehow duplicated the player object. It actually had some really interesting properties. For example, you could get them to separate through certain techniques, and then do stuff like throw the boomerang from one of them and have the other catch it.

I am planning to make a highlight video of all the crazy stuff I've found on streams. I'll post it here if I don't forget. Whenever that's done, in like a year or something.

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
I don't have footage of it, but this one time, back when I was just starting out, I tried to make a turn-based RPG combat engine. Combat was viewed from the side and characters ran up to attack each other. I had a "Combat Controller" object in the game, and the code for determining whose turn it was was based on an array. I thought that when the array hit zero that it would be nobodies turn, but somehow the combat controller identified as zero. So, the combat controller actually got a turn, and even ran up to attack enemies. It was hilarious, but it took forever to fix.