Free Steal the Gold

• Thread starter Sam (Deleted User)
  • Start date
S

Sam (Deleted User)

I still need to update the video and the screenshots, but I updated the gameplay quite a bit and made it more interesting than it was before. There is a health system and saving the game will cost a portion of your score, where the ultimate goal is to continually beat previous highscores, saving the game when done too often can actually be a bad thing. There's also a "days" system where if you reach a certain point it counts the day number you are on / adds to it over time. If you go backwards in the path it will reduce your health and can even kill you, just like the enemies. I added arrows to show the right direction to go. Your health is reset back to one each new day. Your health increases as you progress if you can avoid the enemies.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Hey!

The character is actually very vaguely based on the face of a Se'irim (goat-like, hairy demon) I saw in a nightmare as well as one time when I was drifting off to sleep. I also saw it waking up one morning. Although the 3D model is extremely inaccurate to what I saw, and what I saw was much more detailed and frightening. A lot of facial features I either did completely wrong or left out. It was too difficult to do. It looked like a real demon, to put it bluntly, it was photo-realistic and very hideous to the point it gave me goose bumps every time I visualized it after seeing it.

The only thing I didn't make was this shader I used for the character model.

The extensions I used are also made by me - Dialog Module and File Manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

Anyone have feedback on how I could polish this turd? lol

I was thinking about making it level based, with different monsters you can unlock in different levels, other than the original Se'irim.

In order to unlock new levels you'd have to reach a certain day in certain levels, but all the levels will be infinite.

does that sound like a good idea?

L

Lonewolff

Going by the screenshots, this looks like one of those 'bat-$hit' crazy weird games that might actually be pure genius.

Gonna have to download this bad boy and tell you what I think.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Added Linux support. Updated the screenshots. No longer using a shader because of a bug with it on Linux, and as of GMS2, OpenGLES shaders don't work on Windows anymore. Source code included. I still need to update the video to reflect these changes, and I'll probably record on Windows 10, this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

I took the game offline a while ago for some reason. Anyway, it's back up now.