MP4 Video

rIKmAN

Hi

Is there any way to play mp4 video in GM2?

-Ted
Not natively, but there are a few video player extensions available (check the marketplace), but most of them convert the video to image files behind the scenes which isn't the most performance friendly but does work across multiple targets and should be fine for small videos.

The best one for proper video playback is Video Player Pro but it isn't free and is Windows only.
I've personally used this with videos upto 4GB in size and it played them directly from my hard drive without any issues whatsover.

PS. Why are you signing your name at the end of your post, we can see who posted it. :)

Not natively, but there are a few video player extensions available (check the marketplace), but most of them convert the video to image files behind the scenes which isn't the most performance friendly but does work across multiple targets and should be fine for small videos.

The best one for proper video playback is Video Player Pro but it isn't free and is Windows only.
I've personally used this with videos upto 4GB in size and it played them directly from my hard drive without any issues whatsover.

PS. Why are you signing your name at the end of your post, we can see who posted it. :)
The name thing- habit I guess. I've been signing a lot of emails lately.
Video Player Pro won't work. We need something that will play on mobile.

rIKmAN

The name thing- habit I guess. I've been signing a lot of emails lately.
Video Player Pro won't work. We need something that will play on mobile.
Then search the marketplace, there are a few that work on mobile as I said although I’m not sure about performance as I’ve never used them.

Search the forum too, I remember a few threads discussing the video players and the pros / cons of them.

I tried buying two different video players with two different browsers and it just shows a blank box, it doesn't give me the chance to add anything to my cart.

upload_2019-4-9_15-29-22.png

makas

I would wait until they add the native support in the road map, the only extension I found that worked on mobile has an horrible "video convertor" to the format it required... it was an awful unoptimized experience (like 6 hours of convert for a 30 seconds video) it was really bad