Does sex really sell? Answer inside.

• Thread starter Sam (Deleted User)
  • Start date
S

Sam (Deleted User)

I see now YoYo is using supermodels for their advertising. That guy^ in the pic is so fine.

Let's hope YoYo's new tactics get them some more GameMaker users!

Should they do this more often, or will it make parents concerned?

Your thoughts?

N

NeonBits

Does sex really sell?
I thought for a moment that you were making us see something in that curved line ...
Ah, a GM ad? That was misleading. That blue color says "medic!" or "buy baby stuff!". The guy on the right seems taken from a life insurance or a budget software ad. You even feel that gaming is a cold environment through that clothing. Somehow, that ad feels like a cereal box with GM as the surprise toy. And that blue and white, that guy all proud on the right... no. It looks also like a political ad that you find when taking the bus: "vote for us!"

N

NeonBits

do you bother about somthing that doesnt attract you in any way?
Of course, anything that has more legs than me...
Spider!
Can't say I ever bought anything Ron Jeremy was pitching.
Yeah, videostores were all about rental back then.
I do find that guy exceptionally attractive. I'm not sure why.
Maybe it's because of his flawless "game-maker" language..
Yeah that guy could be viewed as somewhat effeminate.
C'mon, everyone was born from a mother...
This topic must be a joke
I'm totaly serious..

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

He's well dressed and groomed and subjectively good looking. It's a very innocent photo.

This topic is the sort of thing I'd expect Misty to post...
If misty posted it it would've gotten locked by now. *expects moderator to read this and act accordingly*

A

ajan-ko

Does sex really sells?
Short answer Yes.
Long answer Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Does game maker need models to promote their product?
Short answer No.
Long answer Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Waste of money.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Still waiting for them to use that one photo of Russell holding a feckin strawberry milkshake with a "Shake things up with <insert asset name here>!" tag line.

N

NeonBits

Looking at the "GameOn" smile, a banana split would have better taste, according to amazon..

N

NeonBits

yeah, GameMaker is for everyone... perhaps remind that it's free and leave the door open?

Pfap

Just google "sex synonyms" they literally have "congress" as a word?! But, for real and no homo; that picture wants me to become a great dev that smiles like that and makes great games... that apparently use Amazon "gameon"? I'm confused.....

Edit:
By confused I mean how do you pronounce "gameon"? Is it like "game" "on" or is it like "radeon"?

N

NeonBits

Not even one "like"... edit : darn, I got one.. now I look like a fool -. o*
Worst; they now want to close the show and the "off topic forum"!
I guess it answers the topic; sorry, Joaquin Phoenix; not only you're not good to sell sex but you made people afraid of "TheJoker" now...
Yay!

Last edited by a moderator: