• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Alpha Feedback please

Plisken

Hello everyone. So I've got this game I'm working on. it's a 2d shooter akin to something like megaman. I'll post a link to the file for the game, and a video if you don't feel like downloading it. in it's current state it's just a bare engine to the point where there are hardly any art assets, and there a a few variables floating around. I'm mainly sharing this to get some feedback on the game and it's controls. I'd like to make sure the basic gameplay is good before starting on anything else, and also get any glitches reported that I may not have discovered yet.

The game will star a pink headed girl named Lilly. she will be aided with her 2 sisters, Venus and Kitty. Venus being Lilly's field aid, and Kitty being the Tech geek. I have a few pictures of concept are for these characters in the video. They won't play too much of an important role in terms of gameplay so I won't dwell on them too long, but they will play a big part story wise.

The main enemy for the game will be "intelligent" in the sense where they won't attack the player unless the player is spotted by them. giving the player the option to avoid enemies if they want to, or kill them "tactically". These will be the only enemies like this. other obstacles will shoot in set patterns that you have to avoid like most typical enemies in shooters. and there will be other types of obstacles as well but I haven't made any of that stuff yet.

There are some other details on the download page that I suggest you read if you want to download it, as important information like controls and known glitches are written there.

Link to game (zip format) https://plisken.itch.io/name-tbd?secret=ffWcNLJlVBuRNN6yeISHQcflg8

R

Red Phantom

Here is my feedback:

I rated your game's: visual, audio, story and gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plisken

Here is my feedback:
Here is my feedback:

thank you for making this video. However, this is a pretty outdated post, and the game has been updated a LOT since then. this build wasn't meant to be a game, but more of a "tech demo". I just wanted feedback on things like controls, game feel, etc... Also around 1:05 you were complaining about the controls when they are the first thing that shows up. I haven't updated since then simply because I'm trying to make an actual game before posting anything else, and haven't really touched the itch.io page since then. However I've uploaded a few videos on the channel of the games progress. the most recent video is here (which is also slightly outdated by now):

I'll take a look at you're game soon. based on the video it looks interesting.