• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Unable to use Google Play Leaderboard due to failed sign in

Slyddar

Hi guys,

Looking for some help with the leaderboard/achievement system for Android. I have an app that has been setup in Google Play Console as a linked app to the project. I've created a leaderboard and 5 achievements and am trying to show those when the app runs. I've run it on a phone and an emulator and both produce the same error.

The code I use to show the leaderboard on a button is simply:
Code:
if active {
    achievement_login();
    achievement_show_leaderboards();
    active = false;
}
When pressed the Google Play Games logo shows and it attempts to log in. Then an error is shown on the device - "Failed to sign in. Please check your network connection and try again."

The error shown in the output window is:
Code:
05-18 17:51:21.697 11116 11148 I yoyo    : AchievementLogin()

05-18 17:51:21.698 11116 11116 I yoyo    : Calling connect on googleapiclient

05-18 17:51:22.239 11116 11116 I yoyo    : onConnectionFailed called with result:ConnectionResult{statusCode=SIGN_IN_REQUIRED, resolution=PendingIntent{fca1fea: android.os.BinderProxy@7c512db}, message=null}
I've tried creating a new keystore file, and relinking the hash file, redoing the whole SDK and NDK install, linking the API in Google API Manager, I have the 2 Google Play Extensions installed plus have done many other things through Google searches. At the moment I'm at a loss, so am wondering if anyone has come across this before?

Also I can sign into Google Play in other games and it works fine.
I've followed information in this, among others - http://www.fm-studio.net/blog/gmstudio-add-google-play-games-2-new/

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Slyddar

SOLVED.

For anyone with this problem in the future I had to go to Google Dev console and under game services rename my game, and create it again. Must of been a problem with the SHA1 key and the Oath 2.0 credentials, as relinking it solved the problem. I ensured I linked it inside the "Linked apps" tab on the left.

J

Jaime Lpz

SOLVED.

For anyone with this problem in the future I had to go to Google Dev console and under game services rename my game, and create it again. Must of been a problem with the SHA1 key and the Oath 2.0 credentials, as relinking it solved the problem. I ensured I linked it inside the "Linked apps" tab on the left.
Hi! I am having a similar issue. I am trying to follow the steps, but could you be a bit more specific on what do you mean by "and create it again"? Do you mean creating the project? I have a leaderboard that stopped working on my game, wouldn't want to lose it as users have worked hard to get their ranks.

I hope you can help me out :)

Slyddar

could you be a bit more specific on what do you mean by "and create it again"? Do you mean creating the project?
Well this was 2 years ago, so I'm a bit hazy on details, but as I said, I renamed the current game in the google play console, and created it again. Mine was a project with no users, so doing this was not an issue.

J

Jaime Lpz

Well this was 2 years ago, so I'm a bit hazy on details, but as I said, I renamed the current game in the google play console, and created it again. Mine was a project with no users, so doing this was not an issue.
Thanks for your reply. I've tried it for a couple of projects, still no success. Not sure if this is related to the depreciation of Google+.
Will keep testing, thanks!