• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Smartphone volume keys trigger gamepad discovery [FIXED]

bluetrack

Lately i noticed that on some Android smartphones pressing the volume +- keys triggers the gamepad discovery (async system gamepad). This is an issue for me since on AndroidTV when i discover gamepads i destroy the onscreen virtual keys. That means on some android smartphones by pressing the volume -+ buttons the virtual keys disappear. Is this a new bug, since i did not notice it before?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Can't say I've ever heard of this issue before. If you could create a test project and file a bug report that links to it then it'd be appreciated. Also try and mention as many devices as you can that you know show the issue...

J

joakimFF

Can't say I've ever heard of this issue before. If you could create a test project and file a bug report that links to it then it'd be appreciated. Also try and mention as many devices as you can that you know show the issue...
Can confirm that this happens in 2.1.4.200 on Samsung S6 and Note 3 if using the sample code from the official gamepad tutorial. It also seems like the "Android TV banner" 320 x 180 is not placed in the correct folder or simply not packaged at all if using the apkexpanion. As Google rejects the apk due to missing image.

bluetrack

Okido Both issues have been reported.
Great! Thanks joakimFF. I can only add then some android devices where it happens:
Nexus5X, Xiaomi Redmi 5, Samsung Galaxytab A6. Nexus5 on the other hand does not have this issue but it also runs marshmallow os; not sure if related.

bluetrack

This has been fixed internally and will be available in a coming update.
Thanks Nocturne. Is this included in the latest release 2.2.2.326? I went quickly through the change log but did not see anything mentioned. I hope I just missed it :)

bluetrack

Thanks Nocturne. Is this included in the latest release 2.2.2.326? I went quickly through the change log but did not see anything mentioned. I hope I just missed it :)
So I 've tried it and the problem is indeed fixed (at least in a few devices that I tried).