• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS beta channel solved virtual keys but introduced another problem

Maa2007

so i just tried to export my game to iPhone using the latest beta, and the virtual keys proplem i had for monthes is solved, but a new proplem is intreduced...

now all my environment background objects are not showing, why ?? i dont know,

gnysek

we also don't know.

make a copy of project, try to minimize it as much as possible removing unnecessary rooms/objects/scripts, as long as this bug happens. Then you either got answer to your question, or would be able to report a bug with example project (the best project to report is 1 room and 1-2 objects only - giving project with 100 resources will be probably rejected).

Maa2007

i think i found the source of the proplem, its in this function
instance_number()

i think its returning wrong values,when used with if statment
so it's returning true, when it should be false and vice versa

how can i report a bug to the developers ?

Maa2007

I know you already solved it, but for future: if you click "Help" in GMS2, there's a "report a bug" submenu link.
well no the problem is not solved, i still don't know what is causing my environment objects to disappear, i thought the problem was in instance_number(), i did a small test on it, and it seem is working right, so the problem must be some where else

gnysek

I assume, you minimized your problem to as low objects/code as possible ? :D "my objects not showing" is such a general issue, than there can be 10000 causes.

Maa2007

I assume, you minimized your problem to as low objects/code as possible ? :D "my objects not showing" is such a general issue, than there can be 10000 causes.
exactly, if i started posting lines of codes, not many have the time to read and analyse it