• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Physic static objects

Y

YupYup

I have enabled physics for the room and for the player.
But i can't figure how to make floor objects as static physics ? i tried kinematic on floor but it falls when the game starts.
Any help would be appreciated.

Y

YupYup

This resolves the floor falling problem.
I tried kinematic and no kinematic on floor, or the same collision group, player passes through floor, while both have physic setup.

Jezla

Have you read the manual section on physics? There are also some old tech blog tutorials on setting up and using the physics system. Doing both is a must before trying to use the physics system.

In your case, I would guess that you are ticking the boxes in the object editor. If so, then you need to uncheck kinematic, set density to zero, and make sure to add a collision event with the player object. The collision event doesn't need any code, it just has to have a comment. Also, make sure you have defined a physics shape for the object.

I really recommend that you go through the tutorials I linked above. They'll help you get started properly so that you can get the most out of using the physics system!

Y

YupYup

Thank you, it worked.
The manual does not apply well, it's for GM previous version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jezla

The online manual should still mostly apply, aside from a few new functions. The basics are still the same. The tutorials I linked were written for GM:S 1.4, so they should work well (they're included with 1.4 as well).