• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android How can I make a XAPK file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PHL

How can I make a XAPK file?

By my understanding, a XAPK file is a file that contains an APK file and the external resources used by the game.
They are all combined into a single file, which is the XAPK file. In this way, the game APK is not separate from its "cache" (external) files.

How does one make a XAPK file , after creating the APK with GameMaker Studio ?
(I use GameMaker Studio 1.4.1522.)

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
By my understanding, there's no reason for you to use a version as old as 1.4.1522 these days, and there's even less of a reason for you to implicitly tell the company making it about you pirating it and expecting support for it.

P

PHL

By my understanding, there's no reason for you to use a version as old as 1.4.1522 these days, and there's even less of a reason for you to implicitly tell the company making it about you pirating it and expecting support for it.
I have often noticed, FrostyCat, whenever you reply to other people's posts, that you appear rude and arrogant.

It will not work on me.

I use GameMaker 1.4.1522, and I am not ashamed thereof. I have had it for a long time. I did not pirate it.

When I can afford version 2 I will get it, and by "get" I mean buy.

Moreover I am sure that the version does not matter. I mentioned it only in case it might be important to do so. It does not mean I expect an answer specifically for my version.

I regret asking the question. The topic should just be closed.

When I know the answer I may write a tutorial.

rIKmAN

I have often noticed, FrostyCat, whenever you reply to other people's posts, that you appear rude and arrogant.

It will not work on me.

I use GameMaker 1.4.1522, and I am not ashamed thereof. I have had it for a long time. I did not pirate it.

When I can afford version 2 I will get it, and by "get" I mean buy.

Moreover I am sure that the version does not matter. I mentioned it only in case it might be important to do so. It does not mean I expect an answer specifically for my version.

I regret asking the question. The topic should just be closed.

When I know the answer I may write a tutorial.
Why haven’t you updated to any of the many many updates since that version came out?
1757 is 3yrs old so who knows how old 1522 is? 5yrs? 6yrs? More?

As a legit user, updates are free and so many bugs have been fixed and things updated since that version that there would be no legitimate reason for you to still be using 1522 - feel free to surprise me by giving one.

Do yourself a favour and update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.