• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Are they really leaving html5 in this state?

Lioran

Version 1.4.9999 completely destroyed it. First thing I noticed when I ran my project was Mouse is unusable and keyboard_string/keyboard_lastchar are not working.
That's just 2 seconds in, I can't check what else is broken since i can't play my project when the mouse is not working.

Kinda weird to me that they would put a final update for it and the update renders the module unusable.
Also considering it is one of their most expensive module.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Version 1.4.9999 completely destroyed it. First thing I noticed when I ran my project was Mouse is unusable and keyboard_string/keyboard_lastchar are not working.
That's just 2 seconds in, I can't check what else is broken since i can't play my project when the mouse is not working.

Kinda weird to me that they would put a final update for it and the update renders the module unusable.
Also considering it is one of their most expensive module.
It's their second cheapest, among the 3 desktops that had the same price individually iirc. What's done is done. I'm sorry you need to purchase it again. That sucks, but Yoyo could switch to annual fees instead of 6+ year ones. At that's something to be thankful for, and a ton of engines go the annual route, just look at Stencyl, everything except deprecated flash is an annual fee. The version of GMS 1.4 prior to the last one is still available if you would like to roll back a version and see if that helps at all.

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
I'm still on 1.4.1804 personally. You should consider transitioning to GMS2 soon, the latest 2.2.2 beta is promising and should be coming to a stable channel in March.

Last edited: