• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker working_directory returns the wrong path?

Gamerev147

File saving has always been a pain for me in gms2...
The other day I noticed that Game Maker Studio 2 creates temporary Z, Y, and X hard drives when I run my project.

When I use "working_directory" to return where my game is being run, it returns a path from one of these temporary hard drives.

This means that anytime I need to be specific in finding files (in GML), it returns null or it returns the path of a file that I don't need.

Anyone else having this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
Any help on how to fix this or work around it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance! :)

Fern

File saving has always been a pain for me in gms2...
The other day I noticed that Game Maker Studio 2 creates temporary Z, Y, and X hard drives when I run my project.

When I use "working_directory" to return where my game is being run, it returns a path from one of these temporary hard drives.

This means that anytime I need to be specific in finding files (in GML), it returns null or it returns the path of a file that I don't need.

Anyone else having this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
Any help on how to fix this or work around it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance! :)
working_directory changes depending on how the game is ran, you're looking for game_save_id!