• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker interpolate colors issue

S

Sn3akyP1xel

Hey GMC, I have a problem with 'interpolate colors' when drawing a bunch of sprites to a surface.

The interpolation causes a transparent edge on any overlapping sprites which are drawn to the surface.
Is there any way I can stop this from happening ? is it possible to disable/enable 'interpolate' from the code?

S

Sn3akyP1xel

The game uses interpolate colors, i need to disable it from being used on the sprites which are being placed on a surface somehow.
I can post an image of the problem if it helps.

If you want to still use texture interpolation even for those sprites drawn to the surface, here's a video explaining whats happening and offering different methods to deal with it:

S

Sn3akyP1xel

thanks reverend, great learning as usual.
I keep doubting that i should even be attempting what I'm working on, but good progress is still being made thanks to forum help and the many tutorials which exist. So thanks GMC and tutorial makers.

GM is one impressive 2d dev' kit for indies. I hope my little project (if it ever sees the light of day) will do it justice and show just how capable it actually is.