• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Portfolio - Audio Paul Levasseur - Doctor of Music Composition

P

Paul Levasseur

Hi everyone. I know I've been hanging around here for about a year but I decided that I should probably post some music for everyone to listen to. I know people who can help with SFX if necessary and my focus is on music.

I have studied music composition at the university level for the past 10 years, and I have studied with some of the best composers in north america. I'm currently building a client base for game, film, and concert music and I'm capable of writing in many, contrasting styles.

If you require game music, feel free to contact me here. While I cannot work for free, I'll see what I can do to work within your budget.

I was originally hoping to have a comprehensive portfolio prepared before starting to advertise but I figured I'll go with what I have and expand things as I complete more demo tracks. The current portfolio works are predominantly orchestral but I'm hoping to showcase other leanings as I go.

Here are some animated shorts I scored.

50's monster music

In the style of Joe Hisaishi

Epic Orchestral

Slap stick / Fun VGM style

Feel free to check out a number of tracks on my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjHoxerkendSlnvIMcoXVOw

This OST here is from a GM game and I met the programmer here!!

Chiptune Techno FTW

My soundcloud is hopelessly outdated and irrelevant but I have one track up there that has a synth based / ambient beginning so I will include a link here because I believe it to be pertinent

https://soundcloud.com/paul-levasseur-2/variations-on-a-theme-from-metal-by-the-translocator

A new live action film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCLcGo_oego&t=30s

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rui.rosario

I haven't had the pleasure to work with Paul yet, but I have been following his work rather closely and I can say it has quality.
Also, he is a very easy person to socialize, so I can see the work dynamic to go well.

I've worked with Paul and I can say with confidence that he is a pleasure to collaborate with. I would also recommend others looking for music to shoot him a message. =)

Paul makes music. Sometimes I think it's okay.
No, just kidding. Paul is very friendly and knowledgeable, and his work is great. And he's improving all the time! Just from talking to him, I'd recommend him.

If that wasn't exactly what portfolio threads were for, I probably would've laughed at that, kousenai. Well, I still kind of chuckled, though. X'D

Stop attracting so many testimonials, Paul! *Gawd!* :p

P

Paul Levasseur

Update: A live action short I scored last fall has just been released! I'm quite happy with how the score turned out and I hope you enjoy it. It really shows more of my diversity as an artist!!

P

Paul Levasseur

Another live action film:

I have not been active. Just busy!