• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Cannot build iOS game through Xcode ? [SOLVED]

Q

QatariGameDev

Hello,

For odd reason, I can compile and export just fine through GMS 2 (windows) to xcode project.
But when loaded on my mac Xcode, I see this in the "identity" like it's missing informtion from "info.plist"

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 11.05.08 AM.png

How i can fix this ? I was able to export and compile iOS build just fine last month :(

Thanks.

Q

QatariGameDev

This puzzle seem never ending..

Another issue poped up when i tried to upload the app through Product Archiving!...

"Could not find the main bundle or the Info.plist is missing a CFBundleIdentifier in '/var/folders/35...."

Q

QatariGameDev

Here a screenshot regarding the issue I am facing..

Any help? How can I fix this issue? I tried to use old info.plist file, I tried many things, but this one seems it's something broken within GMS2 ??

Q

QatariGameDev

Did you place the splash screens and the app icons into the asset manager?
Yep, I tried this as well, I added all the missing splash loading screens through asset manager, But still have the same issue:

Could not find the main bundle or the Info.plist is missing a CFBundleIdentifier in '/var/folders/35/*******

chirpy

My 2 cents would be to delete the xcode project on your Mac, and re-generate an .xcodeproj with GMS2 on PC.
Theoretically GMS2's "clean" button does something like this already, but mine always failed (FAILED : Clean Program Complete).

Q

QatariGameDev

Thanks guys, I just updated to the latest version of GMS2, Will try the @chirpy solutions if not I will try to use MAC IDE, I will keep updating you.

JacPete

i had to deinstall the old mono version on my mac manualy, think i messed something up. Than i installed the proper mono version manualy. Works perfect now on latest version of GMS2 mac.

Q

QatariGameDev

Finally, It's worked!!!, The info.plist have finally recognized on my xcode! This worked on Game Maker Studio 2 Mac Version (I think windows will work too as well)

What I did, I saved and exported the project as a new name, from MyGame_2019 to MyGameNew