Windows Alternative stores

C

Clemens van Brunschot

I am searching for an online game store where I can publish my Windows game (free and paid version) without the problem that customers get warnings from Windows Defender when downloading installing or (first time) running the game. Specifically I look for alternatives for Windows Store and Steam. My game will not be digitally signed nor will it have a Microsoft certificate. That is too expensive. The ZIP package from GMS2 will still cause a warning if I distribute it myself. I looked at page https://www.topbestalternatives.com/windows-store/ but maybe some of you knows what helps.

Mert

Steam is like the Facebook of gaming platform. Everybody has it and use it daily, keep that in mind. You might eventually want to get on Steam.
However, other stores are awesome and many people use them too. Itch.io, gog, indiegala, gamejolt are some of the examples.

C

Clemens van Brunschot

Thanks guys. Itch.io it will be! Using their app to run the game in, the customers will NOT get the Windows Defender warnings, since that app is digitally signed. Clever work. I tried it and it looks just fine.