• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Error on all projects after update

M

mochipon

Last time I used GameMaker was maybe around summer/fall of 2018. Everything worked fine then. Today I downloaded the most recent update and now, all of my projects give me an error when I start them.
It's a message box that says
"Win32 function failed: HRESULT: 0x887a0005
Call: GR_D3D_Device -> CreateBlendState at line 467 in file /StateManagerM.cpp"

Sometimes the project will seem to run, but only at about one frame every couple of seconds. None of the projects I've tried make use of any sort of advanced graphics functions like shaders or even surfaces or blend modes.

Actually, I just now created a new, empty project and tried to compile it and it gave me the same exact error. I googled it and only found one topic from october 2018 that mentioned the same problem...

M

mochipon

Oh, never mind.... updating my gpu driver fixed it. Hooray.