• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows PROJECT DIRECTORY MODIFIED

W

weslloyd

Sans titre-1.jpg
All is said. Seriously, each action i do, there is that message, really annoying. What can i do for stop that ? i can't work with this matter..

M

MarceloP

My understanding of this message is that during saving or when saving was happening, a difference in files occurred. It means that when GM read the data to load in the program (usually project information) it was in one way and, before saving it checks if it changed. Therefore it gives you the choice: Do you want to save it the way it is in the IDE or do you want to load from the disk again and ignore what you've changed.

This can happen for many reasons. One is virus changing your files. Another is that your folder is syncing with something else, for example in another PC where another person is changing the files or even in a Dropbox folder. Another possibility is what happens to me, I usually do "double saves".

The double save problem is that I usually use the hotkey CTRL + S to save my project and scripts. But if you use it while GM is still saving your last "save" action (pressing CTRL + S twice), it may happen that some files were partially saved and some didn't finish saving, therefore the second save finds the data in a special case where it was partially changed. This message is not a real problem if you know why it may have happened. In my case, when I know that I double saved, I usually only press Save and my changes are re-saved, ignoring past states of the disk.

If this is happening to you every single second/minute or with any frequency, I advise you to backup your data and try to find the real motive for your disk data being re-written. As I already mentioned, sync programs like Dropbox, or network folder usually change the timestamp of "last modified" and may cause this. Although some data changing viruses or anti-viruses may also cause this to happen.

Well, that's my personal experience with this dialog and I hope I've helped you... If anyone else has another possible motive or knows something I said wrong here, please correct me :)

Don't save your project in the OneDrive folder. As the poster above said, it is modifying the files all the time.

You could regularly export a copy of your project to OneDrive instead to provide backups.

It's better to use a source control solution like git to keep your project backed up.

View attachment 19233
All is said. Seriously, each action i do, there is that message, really annoying. What can i do for stop that ? i can't work with this matter..