• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Error: Exited with non-zero status (1)

K

Kululu17

Hi - I had a project that was running fine, and suddenly refused to compile with the error:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:04.0321674s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.2.1.287/bin/Igor.exe" -options="F:\Games II\GameMaker_2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 02/01/2019 15:33:27
"cmd" /c subst V: /d

I have updated GMS , and the runtime. No effect. Any ideas?

IGameArt

last time I had this happen I had an instance_create function inside of a function that was set to gml_pragma "global." It was essentially trying to spawn an object before it loaded into any rooms. Not sure if that's anything you're doing but it's something to be aware of

K

Kululu17

Hi - thanks for the hint. I was actually just making some minor tweaks to one of the rooms (no code changes) when this happened.

L

Lonewolff

Possibly an endless loop in there too.

Were you playing with any 'while' or 'for' loops at the time?

K

Kululu17

Thank you for the suggestion. I was just working with the room editor, adding and changing the position of objects. Oh, and I changed the names of some of the rooms too. But no code changes.

K

Kululu17

Hi All, thanks for you help. In scrolling further up the compile message, I do some some error that are somewhat more helpful:

gml_RoomCC_Jungle_2_0_Create(0) : malformed assignment statement
gml_RoomCC_Jungle_2_0_Create(0) : Assignment operator expected

What is a room "Assignment operator"?

M

MarceloP

Possibly something wrong inside your Room "Creation Code"?
Or inside the Create event of an object of yours called "Jungle_2_0"?

Seems like a coding error.