Job Offer - Artist Poster/Box Art, Sci-Fi, Indie Scale *RUSH*

W

whale_cancer

Hi!

I am looking for an artist to create an image that will be used both on a game box and on a poster (standard 24x36). The game is a sci-fi, 8-bit (NES-inspired), top-down action rpg with base building and, most importantly, terraforming elements. The one line pitch for it is: "SimEarth from Link's perspective."

I will be promoting it a bit at an event I will be at and want to have a poster; later on, it will be used for box art (and the manual cover, probably).

What I want is a piece of art depicting the default character (see below) in the kind of relentlessly positive imagery of Soviet space program art. Note that what I want is the sort of kind of action shot that this art has, and NOT the communist imagery or even necessarily the exact art style.

A good example, and I would certainly go with this concept if someone doesn't propose something better, would be to visually reference this image...

...but with a single astronaut that reflects the default character's color scheme, the planet being red/brown (the planet being terraformed is a stand in for Mars, but is not Mars), and obviously being in right form factor (portrait rather than landscape). Also, no planet rising on the horizon, but instead a black alien pyramid on the plain the astronaut is overlooking. I am not wedded to this idea, but this is the one I will go with if an artist can do it justice, but has no alternate idea to propose.
Default character:

EDIT: Just to be clear, I am not looking for pixel art. This should be what I guess most would call digital art. The pixel character is just there to give you an idea of what the main astronaut should be wearing generally speaking.

Preference is given to those who can turn this job around quickly, can provide a price quote on an indie scale, and can link me to their portfolio (bonus points if said portfolio indicates experience with sci-fi stuff).

You can contact me by posting here, PMing me here, or emailing me at [email protected].

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Last edited:
W

whale_cancer

Does the art need to be pixel art? I don't think it does but I'm just making sure.
Oh, it most definitely should _not_ be pixel art. It should look like something you might find on a NES box or cartridge label (I know that some styles would use incorporate pixel art, but that is not the style I am going for).

I will update the initial post so it is clearer.

CLiolios

Hello,
I have sent you an email, if the offer still holds.

I look forward to working with you.

Last edited: