• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Mac/Windows Exporting

The Kevster

i have a Mac, if I buy the creator Mac version of GMS2, will I only be able to upload to Mac or will I be able to make windows executables as well? Or does that require the developer license?

TheSpydog

Correct, with the Mac Creator version you will only be able to export Mac games. The Developer Desktop license allows you to export to any desktop target (Windows, Mac, and Linux), regardless of which OS you use GM on.

H

Hyperspazz

I am a noob. Sorry for the basic question. I was trying to export a tutorial game to my Mac since I am on Mac. Also I was wondering how do I do this to Windows as well? I am just learning and never used Game Maker Studio before, so please could you explain it in simple terms? I have the Developers version.