• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Resource Load Failures Encountered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Christopher Rosa

Yea dot dot dot is right i'd be confused too. Whats going on? How do i fix it. Nobody seems to know. I ask you, the community to help me out.upload_2019-1-18_2-49-33.png

Attachments

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Go to the Layout menu and select "Reset Layout". Iirc, this error is related to the workspace views being corrupted.

C

Christopher Rosa

it didnt work.

i hit reset layout then saved then opened the project again and it still shows it.

do i have to save the layout after resetting it?

well i tried saving the layout after resetting it and that didnt work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fern

If you have any folders or resources named "Default" or "default" make sure to change their name. That tends to cause issues.

C

Christopher Rosa

upload_2019-1-18_4-52-5.png

to the left of views it says default should i change that? if so how

it doesnt let me rename the Default view but if i add another one it lets me..............im so confused.

it says new IDE over here idk what that does.
upload_2019-1-18_4-56-53.png

MOD EDIT: I have merged at least 6 posts of yours together now... PLEASE use the "Edit" button to add more information to your last post if noone else has replied in the meantime. Posting twice or more in succession within 48 hours of your last post is considered against the forum rules.

Attachments

Fern

I said resources or folders. The workspace is not a resource or a folder. I'm referring to resources/folders in your resource tree.

C

Christopher Rosa

Configurations says default, plus how would i fix this error from popping up every time i open the project. I guess not having anything named default would stop it from occurring but it has already occurred.upload_2019-1-18_6-2-39.png

C

Christopher Rosa

and nothing in my resources says default if you're referring to sprites,scripts,objects, ect.

C

Christopher Rosa

yea it would be nice, but yoyogames for what ever reason seen my message on facebook, but wont answer, and removed me on discord.......nice. who names anything in there game default?

L

Lonewolff

yea it would be nice, but yoyogames for what ever reason seen my message on facebook, but wont answer, and removed me on discord.......nice. who names anything in there game default?
Yoyogames doesn't have a discord channel, as far as I know.

C

Christopher Rosa

i sent a bug report who knows if they're going to see it probably not. i dont think they care tbh.

C

Christopher Rosa

Well maybe i do. is it my fault that i opened gamemaker 1.4 one day and my whole project was gone for no reason because of how buggy gamemaker is. i literally lost all my sprites in one project. so i get gamemaker 2 and now its glitching out for no reason.im just trying to make my game but the program always has a problem. if theyre too busy to help me fix the bug then they should be "busy" fixing gamemaker.

of course im going to be negative. i post this on the yoyo discord and they delete me off their discord.

and i dont even know why you keep replying you dont even know how to fix the issue but youre talking about my attitude how about you get lost then you're not helping.

upload_2019-1-19_0-20-40.png

this program is literal garbage

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
of course im going to be negative. i post this on the yoyo discord and they delete me off their discord.
I don't know which discord you've joined, but it wasn't theirs as they have NO OFFICIAL DISCORD CHANNEL, as you've already been told.

and i dont even know why you keep replying you dont even know how to fix the issue but youre talking about my attitude how about you get lost then you're not helping.
So, someone takes the time to try and hep you and this is how you respond. Nice!

this program is literal garbage
Well now, the first bug you have reported about the resource load issues is not really an issue for your game at all, and you can simply close the error window and keep on working. It will not affect the game you are making and you can still work and stuff as normal. As for the fatal exception, this happens in ANY program and can be caused by multiple things, not all of them related to the program itself. I get exceptions at least once a month from Photoshop and Word also has a tendency to crash every now and again, as does my Vegas video editing software! While I agree that 1.4 had multiple issues, GMS2 is actually very stable and it's just unfortunate that you have encountered these two things in the same space of time.

Btw, I've merged your FOUR posts into one, like I have done multiple times throughout this topic... So, I'll say this one more time. DO NOT post multiple times in a row. If you post and then have something else to say before anyone else has posted in the topic, USE THE EDIT BUTTON. The forum rules clearly state that shouldn't bump a topic more than once every 48 hours.

Please do not:
  • Excessively bump topics. Try to wait at least 48 hours if your post has not been responded to, to give time for people to see the topic.
Since you say you have filed a bug, I'm going to close this topic, as this can probably only be resolved by YoYo Games, and given your attitude towards those that have tried to help and your disregard for the forum rules I don't think there's much more that we on the forums can do to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.