Add tiles in game

S

Scott Florida

If I've already defined a tile in the IDE, is there an alternative to tile_add that I can use in-game to add an instance of a tile. Sorry if "I" is the wrong term here since it's not an object. Tile_add is very redundant, redefining the x and position and size of the tile in the BG.

I expected a function like tile_place with arguments like tile_name,x,y, but that doesn't seem to exist?

Thanks!

NeoShade

Have a look at tilemap_set in the manual. You'll need to learn how to find the layer id and tilemap id of the layer that you're trying to place the tile on, but it's all fairly straight forward.

D

Danei

If you're using 1.4 I think you're stuck doing it the redundant, slow, terrible way. :(

NeoShade

Oh! I didn't notice that you were using 1.4, but I guess that makes sense if you've been using tile_add.

S

Scott Florida

No no, I'm not using 1.4, I'm in 2.something. I've been perusing that tilemap section of the handbook and it is not very intuitive... Will have to fool around in the IDE when I get back to my workstation. But it looks like you've pointed me in the right direction, thanks!