• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Just got gamemaker 1.4 and the tutorials wont load

C

Chunkymanlumps

Not sure if this was the correct place to ask this. But I'm having issues running the tutorials and the demos in Gamemaker 1.4. I followed the official instructions (can't post a link without being flagged) and the XML files are there and everything. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?

gnysek

Support for 1.4 has ended, so if something is broken, nobody gonna fix it. However, only demos are not working for me, tutorials are working fine, I've just tested.

C

Chunkymanlumps

Dang that's a bummer. Hopefully its just something I'm doing wrong.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
GMS 1.4 was officially unshelved half a year ago, why are people still reporting that they "just got" it? Did they just download some sketchy pirated version, have faith that's going to work properly, and then ask shamelessly on YoYo's home turf for help when it doesn't?

Bruchpilot

GMS 1.4 was officially unshelved half a year ago, why are people still reporting that they "just got" it?
There are still Humble Bundle keys afoot, nothing shady about them. Also it's Christmas, one of said keys may have been gifted just yesterday.

C

Chunkymanlumps

I recieved a Humble Bundle key a few months ago and didnt have anything to use it on until Christmas. I'm gonna keep trying to figure it out and see if it's something on my end. If not I'll shell out for GMS2.

woodsmoke

I'm still using GM1.4 because I'm so used to it and have running projects I don't want to risk. Waiting till most bugs are squished before I make the transition and learn GM2, which I think will be better in the long run.

You can make excellent games in GM1.4 and you got it for free probably with all the export modules (Android, iOS, HTML5) which is very cool. Still it could be a good idea for you to switch to GM2 soon so you don't have to learn Gamemaker twice because the are kind of different.

C

Chunkymanlumps

I'm still using GM1.4 because I'm so used to it and have running projects I don't want to risk. Waiting till most bugs are squished before I make the transition and learn GM2, which I think will be better in the long run.

You can make excellent games in GM1.4 and you got it for free probably with all the export modules (Android, iOS, HTML5) which is very cool. Still it could be a good idea for you to switch to GM2 soon so you don't have to learn Gamemaker twice because the are kind of different.
Yeah I want to take advantage of 1.4 because i got it but i also need resources like the tutorials or else I'll most likely not learn much lol do you have any recommendations for tutorials that will work within the Gamemaker program?