• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Build stuck on chuck SPRT

TheOnlyWRT

Hey guys,

i was building my game and everything was working fine, then i changed the center of 2 sprites to the middle and click the build button. Ever since then, it gets tuck on the SPRT chuck (even if i change the sprite center back to the top left). Any ideas on how to fix?

Here is the build output:
Code:
Saving project to: /Users/willbur/GameMakerStudio2/Iso Terrain/Iso Terrain.yyp
Saving 2 resources
"/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono"  /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.2.172/bin/Igor.exe -options="/var/folders/1l/_9lshjhn4l74vm11_ftk_v200000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff"  -- Mac Run

Loaded Macros from /Users/willbur/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/Iso Terrai_BF3B4F2_207A9BF6/macros.json
Options: /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.2.172/bin/platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: /Users/willbur/.config/GameMakerStudio2/willtenney97_1234865/local_settings.json
Options: /Users/willbur/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/Iso Terrai_BF3B4F2_207A9BF6/targetoptions.json
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.2.172/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe  /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=4 /gn="Iso Terrain" /td="/var/folders/1l/_9lshjhn4l74vm11_ftk_v200000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP" /cd="/Users/willbur/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/Iso Terrai_BF3B4F2_207A9BF6" /zpuf="/Users/willbur/.config/GameMakerStudio2/willtenney97_1234865" /m=mac /tgt=2 /studio /llvmSource="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.2.172/interpreted/"  /nodnd /cfg=default /o="/var/folders/1l/_9lshjhn4l74vm11_ftk_v200000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/Iso Terrain_225E8996_VM" /sh=True /optionsini="/var/folders/1l/_9lshjhn4l74vm11_ftk_v200000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/Iso Terrain_225E8996_VM/options.ini"  /cvm /baseproject="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.2.172/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "/Users/willbur/GameMakerStudio2/Iso Terrain/Iso Terrain.yyp" /preprocess="/Users/willbur/.con
fig/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/Iso Terrai_BF3B4F2_207A9BF6"
Reading project file..../Users/willbur/GameMakerStudio2/Iso Terrain
Reading project file..../Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.2.172/BaseProject
Reading config delta '/Users/willbur/GameMakerStudio2/Iso Terrain/options/main/inherited/options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono DONE (0)
Release build
Options: /Users/willbur/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/Iso Terrai_BF3B4F2_207A9BF6/PlatformOptions.json
homedir : /Users/willbur
remote_install_path : /Users/willbur/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/Iso_Terrain
PlatformOptions
[Compile] Run asset compiler
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.2.172/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe  /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=4 /gn="Iso Terrain" /td="/var/folders/1l/_9lshjhn4l74vm11_ftk_v200000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP" /cd="/Users/willbur/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/Iso Terrai_BF3B4F2_207A9BF6" /zpuf="/Users/willbur/.config/GameMakerStudio2/willtenney97_1234865" /m=mac /tgt=2 /studio /llvmSource="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.2.172/interpreted/"  /nodnd /cfg=default /o="/var/folders/1l/_9lshjhn4l74vm11_ftk_v200000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/Iso Terrain_225E8996_VM" /sh=True /optionsini="/var/folders/1l/_9lshjhn4l74vm11_ftk_v200000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/Iso Terrain_225E8996_VM/options.ini"  /cvm /baseproject="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.2.172/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "/Users/willbur/GameMakerStudio2/Iso Terrain/Iso Terrain.yyp" /optionsini="/var/folders/1l/_9l
shjhn4l74vm11_ftk_v200000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/Iso Terrain_225E8996_VM/options.ini"  /bt=run
Reading project file..../Users/willbur/GameMakerStudio2/Iso Terrain
Reading project file..../Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.2.172/BaseProject
Reading config delta '/Users/willbur/GameMakerStudio2/Iso Terrain/options/main/inherited/options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... /var/folders/1l/_9lshjhn4l74vm11_ftk_v200000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/Iso Terrain_225E8996_VM/Iso Terrain.zip
Writing Chunk... GEN8
option_game_speed=30
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT

M

Matt Hawkins

Cleaning the asset compiler cache before compiling might fix it.

TheOnlyWRT

I tried deleting the stuff in the cache folder and that didnt work... it still gets stuck.

UPDATE: I just created a new project and copied everything over and the IDE still gets stuck on the SPRT chunk..... The IDE also fails to clean the build every time i try.....

Last edited:

TheSpydog

Are you using the Mac IDE? If so, I encountered a similar problem. For me, the solution was to just sit there and wait it out. After a few minutes, it finally finished and ran my project. It's never been a problem since then. Still not sure why that happened.

Last edited:

Bunelee

it takes me like 6 mins to load my game the first time, it is quite heavy duty.(3d fps with high poly models for photorealism)