• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows 12/19/18 IDE broke my Doors (child of my main collision object)

P

Peter Starostin

Hey guys. I have a door that closes an area during some triggered event. That door is a child of my collision object (or basically my walls and floor) The door was working fine until today's update. now for some reason, player and enemies can pass through the door, unless I exit and come back in to the room. Or if I reload the room. :(

Also their not using dynamics. I'm just doing the instance_place(x, y, obj_Enemy); thing to check for collision with the parent object.

P

Peter Starostin

Update --- Ok I noticed some of my platforms also weren't working. But, if I stick the platforms and my door in the first room, just somewhere off screen (kind of loading them ahead of time), then they work in all the other rooms too. Strange, it works but wish I didn't have to.

P

ph101

this sounds like a GM bug though, maybe you should file it using the help > report a bug in gamemaker

Carnivius

This happened to me with the previous runtime but the latest one should hopefully fix it, which one are you using?

Carnivius

yeah turns out i'm still having problems with it in 2.2.1.291. Really screwing things up with my projects. Frustrating.

rIKmAN

yeah turns out i'm still having problems with it in 2.2.1.291. Really screwing things up with my projects. Frustrating.
Check the release notes to see if there is anything listed which might have affected your existing code.

If you can't see anything you can roll back to a previous runtime where things worked, and file a bug with your project showing the issue (or a stripped down demo project showing the issue).
In the IDE go to Help > File a Bug and fill out the form.

P

Peter Starostin

Hey guys.. I just stripped my project of pretty much everything and submitted a bug report. Hopefully next Runtime will fix it. In the meantime I'll have to keep those objects loaded in my 1st room.

P

Peter Starostin

Well. I got a reply saying latest Runtime fixed the issue, when it clearly didn't. I responded last week saying as much, but haven't heard back yet.