Virtual Pet Game

J

JayR

So... I'm trying out making a virtual pet game where you will adopt a baby seal (I find seals very cute! They are the puppies of the ocean <3) and take care of it. Haven't thought of a name for the game yet but I have started working on the game logic and some sprites. Don't have a working demo as of now. Here are a couple of screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lucia

Nice draws and interesting HUD. What kind of game is it? a Point and click game?

J

JayR

Nice draws and interesting HUD. What kind of game is it? a Point and click game?
Not quite sure if it falls under the point and click game category. It's something like Pet Society on Facebook back in the old days.

C

Cowlord

Very nice art! Most virtual pet games I have played are very cutesy art style so you will definitely stand out. What platforms are you targeting?

J

JayR

Very nice art! Most virtual pet games I have played are very cutesy art style so you will definitely stand out. What platforms are you targeting?
Mobile platform but primarily Android at the moment.
Having to buy a MacBook + iPhone just for iOS export makes me dread the whole process of exporting it to iPhone..

C

Cowlord

Mobile platform but primarily Android at the moment.
Having to buy a MacBook + iPhone just for iOS export makes me dread the whole process of exporting it to iPhone..
Yeah I ignore iOS because of all of Apple's limited hangouts. I go for android and web as a hobbyist; excited about Discord's announcement of indie devs being allowed on the store with a 90% cut!

J

JayR

Yeah I ignore iOS because of all of Apple's limited hangouts. I go for android and web as a hobbyist; excited about Discord's announcement of indie devs being allowed on the store with a 90% cut!
Sadly, iPhone has a huge market of users.. Eventually, I'll have to drag myself to export for iOS. Didn't know about Discord's announcement, I'll check it out! Thanks!

J

JayR

On non-edit mode, you can interact with the room objects (eg: switch lights on/off).
On edit mode, you can remove unwanted objects from the room.

J

JayR

A few animation states of the virtual pet, Seally :)

If you want to get updated the moment there's something new you can follow me on my personal IG: Me