• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Ads showing in local build but not showing from Play Store

P

Penninha

Hi all!

I've been struggling to get ads to work within my project in 1.4. Here is the problem:

I downloaded the GooglePlayServices extension for GMS 1.4 and got everything working using TestAds AND Real Ads from my local build (which I mean with local is to plugging my phone into my PC and let the GMS copy the APK to my phone when it finishes to build).

The problem starts when I download the game from the Google Play. For some reason the Ads don't show when the APK is from there. I've tested from my phone and from my girlfriend's phone.

One thing I noticed is that when I run with the debugger, or the CMD thing that GMS starts when copy the APK to phone, when I run the Google Play's APK at the time it will show the Ad, it shows a message which say: "APK without sufficient permission to get location" and bellow that shows "AdFailed to load: 3".

But the weird thing is: in Google Play the APK has the ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION in the permissions section when I got detailed view from APK.

Someone have been through something like this? Because I don't know what to do.

T

Tigas

I was with a blocker of advertisements installed on the cell phone so it was not appearing the banners, I do not know if this is your case : V

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zmads

Did you found a solution for that? I'm probably having the same problem