• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Google Play Services Extension - Not triggering async event on silent login

Mert

Well the issue is as the title says, I thought that was fixed months ago.

Anybody besides me having this issue ?

P

Pano

which version of the ext? 3.0.1? there was a long thread about login problems with it

J

J_Dev

Hey did you ever get this fixed? It seems to be inconsistent, sometimes it works and other times not. At the moment I am using a dirty workaround that asks the player to first log in before being able to sync from the cloud. I'd much rather use the login async event to trigger a cloud_synchnorize() call.

Mert

Hey did you ever get this fixed? It seems to be inconsistent, sometimes it works and other times not. At the moment I am using a dirty workaround that asks the player to first log in before being able to sync from the cloud. I'd much rather use the login async event to trigger a cloud_synchnorize() call.
No, once player logs in I save this in an .ini file. I check this file afterwards up until the player calls achievement_logout. I'll insert a social async callback to silent login function. (I don't know how to deal with it yet)

--

Some functions do not work properly that I had to play around the extension myself.
The plugin does not support many of the things that Google Play Services offer.
The plugin uses outdated api versions.
The plugin & Game Maker Studio 2's core uses outdated and to-be-removed services (Such as Google Cloud Messaging).

Since my Firebase extension finished, I think I can write a better version of this once I have some free time.

Last edited: