Discussion Remaking Action 52

MGSting

I'm sure everyone knows about one of the NES's biggest turds being Action 52. If you don't I recommend watching the Angry Video Game Nerd episode on it. Bottom line; Action 52 is a compilation of 52 minigames that ended up being a glitched mess. It's a shame because I consider it to be a novel concept. 52 action packed minigames with the last one spawning the successor to Ninja Turtles.

Now obviously this game did get a Sega Genesis remake but that's not any better. So, what if an indie dev used GameMaker to remake the game? It may be impossible for a solo dev to create 52 minigames (we're not all as talented as the likes of Toby Fox) but perhaps to make things more interesting, the next big Action 52 has 52 developers, one for each game, and they games are no better than the stuff on Coolmathgames. Yeah, remember that?

Another possibility is if someone uses wix.com to create a website that has access to 52 flash minigames. I think Nitrome games are great candidates considering they specialize in minigames played on flash websites, though I doubt Nitrome would take kindly to someone else distributing their work.

Cool idea, I like it.
I'd be down to do one mini-game. But out if clarity, do you suggest we remake each of the 52 games bit better? Or do you want 52 original mini-games. I think I'm leaning towards the first sounding more interesting.
I'd rather see all the games packaged together but maybe html versions on one site could still be neat.

Cool idea, I like it.
I'd be down to do one mini-game. But out if clarity, do you suggest we remake each of the 52 games bit better? Or do you want 52 original mini-games. I think I'm leaning towards the first sounding more interesting.
I'd rather see all the games packaged together but maybe html versions on one site could still be neat.
The only problem with doing the first is that A52 was like 50% generic space shooters. Even if the games were remade, we'd still have a collection of space shooters, hahah.

I agree with you, though. The first idea does feel more "legit" to me, too. Otherwise it feels like we're just making a collection of minigames, which jams already kind of take care of...

Maybe with the space shooters, the goal should be to find a way to make them more interesting. I know that may be a lot of gimmicks to come up with though...

MGSting

Cool idea, I like it.
I think we can combine both ideas. Half of the minigames could be remakes (such as Ooze which had lots of potential) and the others could be completely new