• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free Steel Alcimus - Top-down Helicopter action

hijong park

https://gamejolt.com/games/steelalcimus/377693

Steel Alcimus is a helicopter game inspired by raid on bunggeling bay and Zeewolf. It's also a sequel to my previous game, Golden Hornet.

Similar to Golden Hornet, You have to control the helicopter and do various missions in the levels. But instead of only saving hostages and destroying targets, There are more things to do.

Now you can complete the missions with your ally aircrafts or buy new weapons from the shop, and the missions offer more various tasks including saving The carrier, Taking the buildings, carrying objects, and more .

There's also a Raid mode, where you have to complete missons and earn as many points as possible until death.

You can use 4 kinds of helicopters in this mode, and it supports Online scoreboard.

L

Lucia

a very old style game. i like the palette used! is the online scoreboard on the game or on the website? no social pages?

F

FROGANUS

this looks dope- i will try to check it out.
i grew up playing a bit of the desert strike series (jungle strike, urban strike) see also "return fire" (3DO ps1 pc).

F

FROGANUS

Hey I tried it out and really like it so far!
The presentation is really well done- definitely retro vibe but clean and consistent graphics, menus, sound FX come together nicely.
I like that there is in-game training.
I like how the map wraps around/goes on forever (is there a simple trick to doing this I have wondered?)
A couple of complaints I could report:
-Fullscreen mode seems to stretch the view rather than "crop". My relatively tall monitor, for instance, turns the circular target reticule into a tall oval..
-The HUD doesn't show properly in Fullscreen for me- the weapons and minimap draw too close to center of the view, covering the chopper sometimes. perhaps this could be coded more flexibly..
-Also, I notice confusing color coding on targets- where I would expect green targets to be friendly, they are enemy? but on map it seems correct..
-The environment maps and tiles could use some extra touches.
-Buildings and fences could maybe use a shadow..
I only did a couple missions- for some reason i couldn't get a mission complete on the hostage level tho I thought I was done?
I'll check back in, nice work!

hijong park

Hey I tried it out and really like it so far!
The presentation is really well done- definitely retro vibe but clean and consistent graphics, menus, sound FX come together nicely.
I like that there is in-game training.
I like how the map wraps around/goes on forever (is there a simple trick to doing this I have wondered?)
A couple of complaints I could report:
-Fullscreen mode seems to stretch the view rather than "crop". My relatively tall monitor, for instance, turns the circular target reticule into a tall oval..
-The HUD doesn't show properly in Fullscreen for me- the weapons and minimap draw too close to center of the view, covering the chopper sometimes. perhaps this could be coded more flexibly..
-Also, I notice confusing color coding on targets- where I would expect green targets to be friendly, they are enemy? but on map it seems correct..
-The environment maps and tiles could use some extra touches.
-Buildings and fences could maybe use a shadow..
I only did a couple missions- for some reason i couldn't get a mission complete on the hostage level tho I thought I was done?
I'll check back in, nice work!
Thank you and sorry for the late response. I was working on other projects. I'll try to fix the problems now.

Fullscreen and HUD issues : I don't know why that happens, because it looked fine in my computer. but i'll try to fix it.

About Targeting, I colored it green to make it clearly visible. the enemies have red color so Targeting HUDs should have different colors to make it visible.
You can't target allies so i don't think it would be a problem.

I do think that tiles and backgrounds need more variety, so i'm planning to improve it.

Adding shadows to buildings and fences as well.

Can you tell me which mission have you played ? I'll check it if it's a bug and fix it.

hijong park

I have made a patch ! Thanks for the feedbacks.

- Added shadows to buildings.

- Fixed the bug where UI doesn't scale up in fullscreen mode.

I don't have much time to add more contents, so more various backgrounds will be done after the steam launch.

Unfortunately i couldn't do anything about the stretch issue, the screen looks totally fine in my computers that i can't find the problems.

B

BenSunhoof

This is awesome! I didn't play a whole lot of this, but this looks really freaking cool! I really like your artstyle and the controls are very neat. May be a little hard for me though. :)
The only thing I think I'd work on is music, it's a little bit over the place. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, it's just something I'd improve on. But please keep on making games like this, you're doing great.

hijong park

This is awesome! I didn't play a whole lot of this, but this looks really freaking cool! I really like your artstyle and the controls are very neat. May be a little hard for me though. :)
The only thing I think I'd work on is music, it's a little bit over the place. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, it's just something I'd improve on. But please keep on making games like this, you're doing great.
Thanks for the review ! I agree that music could be better, but It seems i'm not so talented at making musics. Finding instruments that sounds good and fitting was really hard. But Later I'll try to make it sounds better.