• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows buffer_network error in 2.2.1

ClassyGoat

I just updated GMS2 to version: 2.2.1.375 with runtime 2.2.1.287

And when trying to run my project, I get this error:

of Create Event
for object obj_PARENT_scenarios:

Variable obj_PARENT_scenarios.buffer_network(100724, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script___lnc_const_decl_f14 (line 11) - gml_const_add("buffer_network",buffer_network);
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script___lnc_const_decl_f14 (line 11)
called from - gml_Script___lnc_const_decl (line 16) - __lnc_const_decl_f14();
called from - gml_Script_live_preinit_api (line 29) - __lnc_const_decl();
called from - gml_Script_live_preinit (line 125) - live_preinit_api();
The object it's referring to is just the first object in the list and does not make any calls to the variable or script listed. I think those are built-in scripts and variables. Maybe legacy stuff that shouldn't still be there?

I am using the GMLive extension: https://yellowafterlife.itch.io/gamemaker-live
And I'm thinking that maybe that extension just needs to be updated.

Please help, what can I do to get my game to run again? Thank you.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
That constant was purged from GMS2 since the last update - you'd need to open GMLAPI.gml with any text/code editor and remove that single line. I'll upload a new version in the next few days (also working on a few other things)

N

Nabil Kabour

That constant was purged from GMS2 since the last update - you'd need to open GMLAPI.gml with any text/code editor and remove that single line. I'll upload a new version in the next few days (also working on a few other things)
I can't find a file with that name (GMLAPI.gml).

ClassyGoat

Thanks YellowAfterlife! Your extension is extremely helpful, by the way. I love it.