• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker I've encountered a super weird issue with physics and joints

G

gamer_essence

So when I create an object it moves around a revolute joint for testing purposes. The problem arises when I increase the image_xscale. The user gets to specify how long to make the obj_wood that revolves around the joint which can be done by altering the xscale upon creation. The longer the piece of wood the larger the problem is. The problem is a grey rectangle just appearing? The images below show this. The grey rectangle is where the object should be?

The creation event in obj_wood
Code:
image_xscale = round(point_distance(obj_mouse.start_x,obj_mouse.start_y,obj_mouse.finish_x,obj_mouse.finish_y) /64);
//dictates how long the object is

var o_id;
o_id=inst;
physics_joint_revolute_create(o_id, id, inst.x, inst.y, -360, 360, 0, 1000, 1000, 0, 0); //creates it at the desired x and y

Attachments

G

gamer_essence

Nevermind I just figured it out. Of course right after I posted this. It had to do with the sprite itself. I applied a blur to it causing a outside pixel or two of a lighter color