• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion [SOLVED] Adding extra frame(s) from file to sprite's existing list of frames

camerakid

Hey Guys,

Actually is there any way to add to your existing sprite's frames an extra frame from file?

The problem for me that in many cases I use like 20-40 subframes and I do have to change them time to time... but as I see in GMS 2 version it is not possible to add only one frame to the existing list or I did not find how to do that...

can anyone please help me out?

Thanks,

Attila

camerakid

Thank you for your kind reply.

Amm... I think I have been talking something else... I meant to say not in runtime but in the Sprite/Image Editor... I did not find any way to change only one frame in the Image Editor not all the
sprite frames at once.

EDIT IMAGE: opens Image Editor.
IMPORT only imports and overwrites all frames.
"+" icon adds only a blank frame.

No way to add a frame from file to the frames already in the list.

UDPATE: actually the only way that worked is to open the image separately CTRL+C and CTRL+v will copy a new frame to the list.

Last edited:
P

ph101

Haha ok well ignore my reply :D But yeah you know I had this problem recently - open sprite to edit then CTRL + F will add from a file as a subimage.

edit. sorry false info, I meant ctrl + shift + a :D

Last edited by a moderator:

camerakid

Thank you. I have tried this shortkey but does not seem to work for me... I will make some more research on this maybe there is another key for that in GMS2.x

P

ph101

no problem us train station guys have to stick together ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

camerakid

Exactly. So excited about your project! Hopefully your game comes out soon so I can get to play in a marvelous subway system :D