• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Depth values

Carnivius

just curious (as trying to fix a bug with my game that popped up in recent GMS versions). What are the maximum depth values each way of 0?

Carnivius

Ah thanks. I didn't know it said it there. I looked up 'depth' but it had no such info on the article of that variable. :)

chamaeleon

Ah thanks. I didn't know it said it there. I looked up 'depth' but it had no such info on the article of that variable. :)
I think I would agree the limitation should be highlighted in a few other places, not the least the depth variable itself.

D

dannyjenn

I'm under the impression that we're not really supposed to be using depth anymore. (The layers system is intended to replace the depth system entirely.) I could be mistaken though.