• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Suggestions for good video editing program?

I was wondering if someone could please suggest a good video editing program, that will allow me to:

1. Use a split screen effect with MORE than 2 clips at once.

AND

2. Once I have imported a long video, let me cut out segments of it to store in a library for as easy access as if I had imported it as the original video file.

OR ALTERNATIVELY,

Allow me to export a segment as a new video file with uncompressed video quality for me to import into library (not the optimal solution the way I see it, though...)

Currently, I am trying out Filmora, which allows me to do 1, but not 2 (unless I have missed something).

M

Misu

NCH videopad video editor allows to do both what you need and you can use it for free (if you know the little trick on renewing the free trial). Normally I use it for gmc jam reviews and works pretty great.

Roa

I like to use something called cyberlink power director. it's cheap and powerfull enough for basic video editing needs.

Its also free for low formats and watermarks.

G

Glyph

Can’t go past Adobe Premiere and After Effects.

The OP didn’t mention anything about price, that’s why I put these in here.