• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM v1.4.9999 refuses to compile

P

Petzi

I have a project that compiled just fine in v1.4.1804, but after updating to v1.4.9999, it stopped compiling with a strange error message.

I've already rolled back to v1.4.1804, but the errors were "malformed assignment" and "incorrect number of arguments", on create_explosion (line 20) and obj_player_Alarm_4_1 (line 2), which I've included as images.

I also included the script collision_circle_list() that was apparently causing all the fuss. It was taken from GMLScripts and modified slightly.

I'm pretty perplexed by the errors. As I said, it compiled in 1804, didn't compile in 9999 and now it compiles again, after reinstalling 1804. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Attachments

N

NeonBits

obj_player_alarm4 line 2
Code:
collision_circle_list(x1, y1, rad, obj, prec, notme, list, ordered);
there is eight sections in this and yours have six.
You have also "var i, size = ds_list_size(found)"; hum, wouldn't it better to write "var i, size; size = ds_list_size(found);"?

P

Petzi

Oh, so apparently collision_circle_list() was added as a built-in function in the latest version. Thanks a lot, it finally makes sense!

About your comment on "var i, size = ds_list_size(found)", I guess it would look a bit better, but it shouldn't make much difference.