• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Can't find file error when testing run the game

N

Northernlightifly

Hello!

I'm learning how to use gamemaker so I'm making the clown catch game turtorial in order to learn. I'm finished making the game and can now test run the game. But unfortunately I get an error that it can't find the file?

I think it might be because I have game maker installed on my disk(F) and I also have the project file there but I'm not sure...does anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you in advance!

Bruchpilot

Can you disclose what the solution was? Just in case someone in the dark, distant future comes across this thread with the same problem.

N

Northernlightifly

Can you disclose what the solution was? Just in case someone in the dark, distant future comes across this thread with the same problem.
Of course.

Create a new folder in the local disc and in that folder, in that folder create the following in the map: local, cache, backup, project.
in gamemaker go to preferences and change the files location for Temp directory, Asset cache directory and backup directory to the new folder you created
Go to start in the windows start menu and write "regedit"
Go to menu and "edit" and chose "search"
write "gamemaker" in the search field and press search
remove all regestry key you find
press F3 and remove
continue until you've removed all keys that has anything to do with gamemaker
restart program

DukeSoft

Thats odd, game maker should never use the registry since their platform also works on MAC - it doesn't use the registry at all. Unless, you're using GMS1.4 ofcourse, which makes this topic reside in the wrong forum group ^_^

N

Northernlightifly

Thats odd, game maker should never use the registry since their platform also works on MAC - it doesn't use the registry at all. Unless, you're using GMS1.4 ofcourse, which makes this topic reside in the wrong forum group ^_^
Okay, where's the other forum then?