• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE [SOLVED] Suggestion - Edit Game While Running the Game

Any chance of something like editing your game while the game is running going to happen?

Or, something like a mode in the IDE where objects in the room will run their draw/draw GUI events (or other events) without actually running the game?

I ask because it is a little time consuming running my game a trillion times trying to get UI/text/objects placed correctly in the right positions in the room.

I think being able to edit your game while it runs and seeing the changes real time, or having that IDE mode where you can see events running without running the game would be a serious help.

If this isn't gonna happen, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can position UI/text/objects on the first or second try? I have been using relative positioning and even with that, I have to run and check my positions and then re-position them in code at least 3+ times. (It is pretty time consuming especially when I have to click through menus to get to the right room where the positioning of the UI/text/object is.)

Mert

I've seen someone made an extension for this. It simply lets you run most of the GML on your game on runtime. Check the marketplace

I've seen someone made an extension for this. It simply lets you run most of the GML on your game on runtime. Check the marketplace
YellowAfterlife made exactly this, GMLive, it's on the marketplace and itch.io.
Thank you!!!

I didn't think extensions could be this useful/powerful so I never went on the market place and looked. I have never used any extensions actually and so I never saw the value in them. GMLive is like a complete must have for me. I will be going on the market place more often now that I know there are some really good add-ons.

Again, thank you great and supportive community. :)