• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Android architecture tab question SOLVED

Pushloop

Hi,

I can't figure out how to get the other options in the android/architecture options tab. I only have these 4 and for a short time I had other options, too, like arm64. I was playing around with the ndk's, but I can't reproduce. What can I do to add the other ones?

Attachments

J

J_Dev

Only runtimes 2.1.5+ allow you to build for the 64bit architectures.

GMWolf

aka fel666
When android gets 64 bit before windows does.
(Unless windows got 64bit and I never realized it...)

H

HW.

2.2.0 IDE and 2.2.0 runtime has added the 64bit abi architectures, which is to anticipate the mandatory rules by Play Store by Google in 2019. It is good we are using it now at the end of 2018...

What IDE/runtime version do you use?

I don't know for the 2.2.1 (i don't test the beta, waiting for the stable one...), but for 2.2.0 it should be there.

And, i really don't expect the arm64 (and armv7) to be gone at all in 2.2.1... Both are the important ones.

Which should be gone is arm5 and mips, which is just around 1% of usage in statistics nowadays (and since NDK 17+ both armv5 and mips aren't supported anymore). Absolutely not the arm64 aka v8 which is the latest successor of the arm architectures..

The armv7 and arm64 (aka the arm64-v8a after the v7a) should be there for a long long long time...., because they are the most of 99% devices people are using on Android.

Any clarification for you who are testing 2.2.1, are the abi architecture armv7 and arm64 (v8a) still there?!

i will get shocked if it is gone by accident after 2.2.0........ (armv7 and arm64 must be kept until GMS3 ...GMS4??!!)

In 2019, Google will also require the arm64 (arm64-v8a) version to be included too.

I hope YoYo team will focus on both armv7 and arm64 for the next...., for the YYC build of the apk for Android. It will cover the 99% of devices, the Android mobile module should support..

Last edited by a moderator:

Pushloop

Thanx guys! I had various IDE's but had to roll back to 2.1.4 so it would build for nexus, that explains the missing parts.