• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Artist Need Artist

F

Fwolf12

Hello,
My name is Wolf, I am currently making a 2-d side-scrolling game with elements of platforming, open-world, puzzle-solving and side-quests. The game's story is as follows:
Long ago, the ancients lived in a world filled with color, it was a world that was joyful and happy. Many people who lived under the rule of the ancients prospered and flourished making their planet into a happy and peaceful one. but one day while the ancients and the high ancients were having a meeting, the highest ancient of them all decided that they would no longer have color in the world and would thus banish it to a far away place where they thought no one could find it and make people conform to a new non-colorless world. The ancients in the meeting overwhelmingly agreed with this idea and set out taking the color from the world turning it from a once happy and peaceful place into a place of great sorrow and depression, those who had once been prosperous under the rule of the ancients now fell into despair and poverty. Once all the color was taken away from the world it was put into a machine and then hidden in the place that they thought no one would be able to find it. They then set upon making the people that they ruled over conform to the new non-colorless world and for a time they managed to do just that. Then one day, one person decided that he did not want to conform to the world as he currently knew it and wanted to bring back the color to the world, so he set out on a quest to find the color that had been taken from the world. He managed to find the place that the ancients had hidden the color and walked over to it, touching it with his finger. When he had touched the colors with his finger he started to notice that his hand was getting colored, he soon became colorful and started to feel the rush of emotions that the colors had held for so long waiting for someone to come and recover them. Once he was fully colored he knew what he had to do, he knew his quest: take down the ancients who had taken the color away from the world and restore the color back to the world he lived in.

Our art style is monochrome one, taking inspiration from games such as Limbo and Wolfenstine, while also taking an art style of fedual Japan and Nazi elements (from Wolfenstine) with western influences.

I am looking for an artist that can help me work on this project and dedicate more time to our project than our current artist can, as they can only dedicate one full day to working on the project, I can do a weekly pay schedule.

Currently we are in the middle of trying to make a tech demo so that we can start raising more funds to pay for more artists, etc. to help move the project along and get it released by 2021.

Here are a few concept works our previous artist drew up for the project:

dfgfdg.png unknown.png
unknown_1.png

If you are interested please get back to me as soon as possible thank you.

N

Niuta

Hi:) My name is Niuta,
I am quite newborn in this page and I singed up only to reply you. I've been working on 2D platform games for one year (sth similar to GunMayhem) and I've stopped recently due to specific complications. Even though I would like to continue this work and my friend showed me this website. I attached some vektor graphics below (theme park was too large so I screenshotted it:) ). I hope you will enjoy it :D. Currently I study IT but I am into computer graphics and digital art mostly. I know it's a bit different comparing to your style, but think about it ;)

Attachments

F

Fwolf12

Thank you for taking an interest in the project, I do have a few questions for you though:
Can you work well within a team environment (other artists, coders, etc) and be able to get the needed work done?
What is your rate that you charge for your service as an artist?

N

Niuta

I am looking for duo team, not employer. As I mentioned before I worked with one programmer already and it wasn't quite clear "job". Rather, I would say, like friend:). It's my hobby, so I want to work and enjoy it at the same time. If you have tight deadlines, stress and pressure I don't think so we will find common language :D. But if not, I am really willing to take up this project:)

F

Fwolf12

Okay, if you wanna try it, feel free to friend me on discord and we can discuss it

N

Niuta

Um... Could you tell me your DiscordTag or just add me: #4628 Niuta Godlewska :)