• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Released Gunkid 99, available now for FIRST ACCESS on Itch.io

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yong

GUNKID 99 is a fast-paced, 2d arena-shooter that is all about getting that HIGH SCORE.

Available now on Itch.io for FIRST ACCESS!!
In addition to the DRM-free version on Itch, you'll also get a code for the Steam version once it is ready.

WISHLIST ON STEAM
(to be notified once it is ready for full release)

Inspired by Super Crate Box and old-school arcade games, the goal of the game is to earn as high a score as you can by collecting weapon drops throughout a run (and thereby changing your weapon in the process).

As you progress through the game you'd unlock more theme-Worlds, more stages, and of course, more weapons.

You can also equip special abilities and choose your weapon loadouts to utilise different strategies and customise your play-style.

A DEMO is available! Try it out on Itch.io or Steam.

You can also find me here:
Discord
Twitter
Instagram
Tumblr

PRESSKIT: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FOQK-7dx1zil6mX1pXypjYAN8MSlRrQ5

Last edited:

Yong

the characters style is totally different from the background style. Are you sure about your decision? The sprites have no shadows, no lights, it's strange to see
I can see where you're coming from but it really depends on personal preference doesn't it? I know it's not amazing but I've received good feedback regarding the art-style (and from strangers too) so I'm not too worried about that.

Yong

Lots of action. Looks like fun.
Thank you!

Minor Patch
- Fixed an issue where keyboard is locked whenever a controller/gamepad is detected as being connected, even if you are not actually using said controller. Now the controls will automatically switch to either controller or mouse+keyboard depending on which you last use.

D

_Dinosaur_

the characters style is totally different from the background style. Are you sure about your decision? The sprites have no shadows, no lights, it's strange to see
i actually dont agree

Yong

i actually dont agree
heeey, someone who gets it ;)

Today's update is all making the controller/gamepad more precise and intuitive.

Patch notes

- Performing a jump from a platform might have made you drop down from it instead because of pressing ever-so-slightly down on the analogue-stick. That is fixed now, only more obvious down-push will be registered by the left analogue stick.

- Aim-assist is now more precise and snaps easily from one target to another.

- Engaging in Free-aim gives you a slower but finer control over the Crosshair.

- Aim-assist can now also be turned off if you so chooses!

- Removed a developer's tool/button from the video options that I forgot about. Oops, how embarrassing!

Status
Not open for further replies.