• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM The Marketplace via 1.4 IDE is down - How do i publish 1.4 asset now?

despair3042

新建画布1.png

Is there any other way to publish a 1.4 asset?

I tried directly upload the .gmez file generated from 1.4 resource tree, but the marketplace Rejected it.

TIM截图20181019004450.png

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Last edited:

The-any-Key

preventing people from using it
Yes. That is the point in that version. That you should be able to build your packet by exporting the extension and upload it via the web instead. They closed the marketplace link with GMS1.4 some time ago so you can't login anymore. So this would be the new way to update via the web instead.

I got this response from Yoyo when I asked them how to upload updates from 1.4:

Can you please go to File -> Preferences -> Marketplace and ensure that you have valid values by pressing the 'Check' button.
Can you please ensure that you have read and followed our GameMaker Marketplace Help Articles

So check if the File -> Preferences -> Marketplace have a check button or something. 1.4.1804 dont have it. But maybe 1.4.9999 got it?

despair3042

Yes. That is the point in that version. That you should be able to build your packet by exporting the extension and upload it via the web instead. They closed the marketplace link with GMS1.4 some time ago so you can't login anymore. So this would be the new way to update via the web instead.

I got this response from Yoyo when I asked them how to upload updates from 1.4:

Can you please go to File -> Preferences -> Marketplace and ensure that you have valid values by pressing the 'Check' button.
Can you please ensure that you have read and followed our GameMaker Marketplace Help Articles

So check if the File -> Preferences -> Marketplace have a check button or something. 1.4.1804 dont have it. But maybe 1.4.9999 got it?
Turns out that method is for GMS2.
I checked. It doesn't support upload a 1.4 asset.
b.png

Btw the 1.4.9999 IDE doesn't have a Marketplace tab either.
a.png

So - still no solution for GMS1.4 i guess :(

Last edited:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

Let me know if you hear back from them and what they say.