• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Bug/Feature Request - Multiple devices

K

Kululu17

Hi - I was just transferring my files from desktop to my laptop, in preparation for some travel. GMS2 kept crashing on my laptop. It would open, show the startup screen, but as soon as I tried to load a project, GMS2 just terminated with no warning and no messages.

After wasting considerable time trying to figure out what was causing the crash, I tried shutting down my desktop. Then it worked. I assume this is some kind of copy protection? If so, how about some notification, like "GMS2 account open on another device" or the like, so we don't have to guess why the system crashes?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
When you are over the 3 device limit for GMS2 a warning message IS shown and you are told to deregister one or more devices, iirc. You can see what devices are registered from your YoYo Account, but it doesn't sound to me that this is your issue. Just switching off the PC wouldn't deregister the PC as I'm pretty sure that only happens when you do it from your account.

Mert

When you are over the 3 device limit for GMS2 a warning message IS shown and you are told to deregister one or more devices, iirc. You can see what devices are registered from your YoYo Account, but it doesn't sound to me that this is your issue. Just switching off the PC wouldn't deregister the PC as I'm pretty sure that only happens when you do it from your account.
After this topic a question came up my mind, I have two computers: One in my office and in my home. Both are in different IP addresses.

Can I install and run two instances of GMS2 ?
Can I run both the instances at the same time ?

K

Kululu17

I have only two registered devices. I just updated my laptop and was trying to import my game. GMS started normally, but then terminated without warning several times in a row when I tried to import my project. Then I shut down the GMS2 that was running on my desktop, and GMS2 on my laptop imported my project without incident. Sooo... it looks like this is a bug, and not by design??